Thread: Best Bit Torrent client

1. Best Bit Torrent client

I use Bit Torrent++ v0.5.4 and although its better then the official client as it allows speed throttling etc. it uses up allot of memory and seems to have a memory leak at that.

What do you guys suggest?

2. I use shadow's "experimental" Bit torrent client.

But torrents speeds are based around seeds vs leechers. So if there is like one seed and 20 leechers, you torrent is going to be slow and you will be uploading a lot aswell.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    I use shadow's "experimental" Bit torrent client.
    That's the one I use, and its wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Shadow's is indeed the best,
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    I use shadow's "experimental" Bit torrent client.

But torrents speeds are based around seeds vs leechers. So if there is like one seed and 20 leechers, you torrent is going to be slow and you will be uploading a lot aswell.
    I give plenty, but if you dont throttle Toorent has a bad habbit of taking EVERYTHING you have and leaving things so slow you cant even surf.

MY internet is plenty fast so it isnt that.

http://bittornado.com <--- This one here eh?

6. I'm using Shadows as well.

7. As popular as torrents are and considering the big company backing its getting im surprised that there doesnt seem to be a real professional looking client out there yet.

8. Another Bit Torrent Client (ABC) is far and away my favorite for Windows. I have to use Azureus on my iBook though (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/).

9. I used to jump around with all the different experimental clients, but I found it takes them a while to update them with new features and such when the official releases always do what I need them to.

Of course I'm not sitting there watching things DL or messing with any of the settings. I go to work, and come home to a finished download. That's me though.

10. A new version of the original client was released on the 11th (3.4? something like that) and it seems to work better than the last release.