So I need some expert opinions here. I am going back to school (grad school) and am getting a new computer. I am most likely getting a Dell and they offer a widescreen LCD TV/monitor in one of the packages. So what is the deal with LCD TVs? What are the pros and cons for gaming and DVD playback?

Here's the link to the TVs -- http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...s=19&l=en&s=dhs

I'm thinking of going with the 23 inch version, but is it worth the hefty price tag (I'm going to be financing the whole computer, which will be about 2,000 with the monitor).

So are LCD TVs HDTVs? I already have an HDTV but am not familiar with LCDs? DO they automatically detect progressive scan for systems that support it? Can they do non-HD components? How do I set this up? I am guessing the computer I get will be able to set the display to properly fit the widescreen aspect ratio?

I want a lot of tecnical advice before making a purchase. These sets have component/VGA/and DVI -- so my plan is to have this be my computer/online gaming zone -- the Xbox will be hooked up via VGA with the X2VGA, the PS2 via component input, and the computer through DVI.

Oh and another HDTV is not an option because of size, so even though they are more cost comparable, I can't do it. It's either LCD or plain old computer monitor.

Advice???