Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

1. Hated it from day one for all the reasons South Park cited. About a month ago I proved my point by making up an episode on the spot throwing random pop culture references together. My friends thought it was great while I thought it was the saddest thing ever.

Anyway, FG is great for filtering people. I hope it lasts forever.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Here's a thread where people near universally-agree that Family Guy is better than Futurama: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ght=family+guy
    I still like Family Guy and all, I find it entertaining. But better then Futurama? WTF people?!?!? Seriously.

And yeah, South Park's Family Guy Parody was hilarious.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    The first 4 seasons of South Park were golden, then they sucked for a bit, then something magic happened around Season 8 and they got back on track.
    I used to think this exact same thing then I went back and watched all of the episodes and realized that the first four seasons aren't all that great (still very funny), but season 5 is when it kicked up it's humor and Season 7 is when it got as uproariously funny as it is today. Regardless, I still love the entire series.

As for Family Guy, I found it kind of funny when I was a freshman, then I noticed the trend of flashback jokes pretty quickly and I got really sick of it with a quickness. Being in college (I know I complain about this a lot, but it's true) also killed it even more due to everyone loving it. My girlfriend still thinks it's hilarious, whatever.

I don't really understand why South Park isn't as popular as Family Guy, it's smarter and funnier-but whenever I talk to anyone about it they just talk about how gross it is. I swear to God, I can't stand people.

But last night episode. Amazing. Even though the show is starting to get a little too didactic, but it seems that they realize it with them jabbing at themselves for it. They need to lay off the episodes with a message for a week or two then kick it back in.

4. My girlfriend still thinks it's hilarious, whatever.
    Dump her.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    I don't really understand why South Park isn't as popular as Family Guy, it's smarter and funnier-but whenever I talk to anyone about it they just talk about how gross it is. I swear to God, I can't stand people.
    Because that got overdone like Chappelle's gags. Remember in the late 90s when everyone had the "Respect my Authoritay!" Cartman T-Shirts? Or when people would yell "You killed Kenny!" regardless of the context? Or the shitty South Park games? That thing was viewed as being a novelty and thus run into the ground. There are people out there (myself included up until a few years ago) that didn't even know it was still on the air.

6. Family Guy has always been, and always will be, fucking awful. The fact that omfgninjas likes the show is pretty much what destroyed our marriage.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Because that got overdone like Chappelle's gags. Remember in the late 90s when everyone had the "Respect my Authoritay!" Cartman T-Shirts? Or when people would yell "You killed Kenny!" regardless of the context? Or the shitty South Park games? That thing was viewed as being a novelty and thus run into the ground. There are people out there (myself included up until a few years ago) that didn't even know it was still on the air.
    BEEFCAKE!
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Dump her.
    I've threatend.

And good point on the oversaturation of South Park in the late 90s. I had a South Park shirt when I was 12, but I didn't know any better then.

Honest.

9. I remember selling bootleg tapes of South Park to younger kids back during season 1. Good times.

10. I like how SP spent 2 shows bagging on FG but never gave one good reason.