Page 14 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

1. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    I like how SP spent 2 shows bagging on FG but never gave one good reason.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    "Don't you ever, EVER compare me to Family Guy, you hear me Kyle? Compare me to Family Guy again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand! Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: 'Hey Cartman you must like Family Guy, right?' 'Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of Family Guy, Cartman!' I am nothing like Family Guy! When I make jokes they are inherent to a story! Deep situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a point, not just one random interchangable joke after another!"
    Did you even watch South Park?

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    OH SHITS
    I never at any point said I hated Family Guy. In fact, I said I liked it. When I wrote that other post, I did, indeed think the new season was the funniest, but it has seen a decline in the latter half. It might be because I recently rewatched my older boxsets and have had a chance to compare. I have noticed a lot of Family Guy backlash as of late, as with all things that are very popular. I pretty much like it the same as I did before but it has always been lower down on my list of cartoons. I would rate them:

1. Futurama
    2. Simpsons
    3. South Park
    4. Family Guy

So there. Good job on the detective work though.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx

Here's a thread where people near universally-agree that Family Guy is better than Futurama: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ght=family+guy
    This thread is from like three years ago. People can't change their minds in three years?

Edit: REGAN SMASH is still funny.
    Last edited by animegirl; 13 Apr 2006 at 07:07 PM.

4. I stand by what I said in that thread. The new season of Family Guy has been a real let down though.

5. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    You must seriously be a retard. Osama told everyone why it sucked. OSAMA. Manatees were piecing together jokes by arranging a series of balls. MANATEES.

Good job on the detective work though.
    I credit whoever programmed a search function into vBulletin.

This thread is from like three years ago. People can't change their minds in three years?
    It's like if a friend said they're "kinda into" scat, yea they might swear it off a few years later but the damage is already done.

Because that got overdone like Chappelle's gags. Remember in the late 90s when everyone had the "Respect my Authoritay!" Cartman T-Shirts? Or when people would yell "You killed Kenny!" regardless of the context? Or the shitty South Park games? That thing was viewed as being a novelty and thus run into the ground. There are people out there (myself included up until a few years ago) that didn't even know it was still on the air.
    I stopped watching it, like, before the movie because of that. But recently I watched the movie again and it was fucking goddamn genius and Ive been watching the show more. Good to see it hasnt fallen off a cliff like Simpsons.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 13 Apr 2006 at 07:46 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    Family Guy has always been, and always will be, fucking awful. The fact that omfgninjas likes the show is pretty much what destroyed our marriage.
    You know for a fact that my girlfriend loves it and how shitty her sense of humor can be, so I have to watch it with her.

I fucking love South Park even more for this, btw. That Cartman rant Chucker quoted had me fucking dying. It's not that funny when quoted, but the way Cartman says it with such passion and bile kills me (just like anything Cartman says that would be 500% worse if said by Stan or Kyle).

I also liked South Park ripping on itself with that guy in the truck saying "I love Family Guy. At least it doesn't get all preachy up its own ass."

The whole story is that Comedy Central didn't allow South Park to do a gag on Mohammed and that Danish newspaper that mocked him or whatever, so Matt and Trey made up this whole analogy to Family Guy doing it just because they hate Family Guy and wanted to rip on it anyway. The censorship last night wasn't real, it was just Matt and Trey commenting on how it's ridiculous that they have to censor Mohammed doing something totally normal, but in the next scene they can show Jesus shitting all over President Bush or something and no one cares (which was brilliant imo, though it probably went over a lot of people's heads and they just thought it was South Park being wacky). They're pretty pissed at Comedy Central.

Since Family Guy has returned to air, it really has been one of the worst shows on television. Entire late-night group gatherings at various houses I've attended have been awkwardly silent and quickly dissolved when someone replays a newer Family Guy on their TIVO. It's just so fucking unfunny now. I like seasons 2 and 3 okay, though.
    Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 13 Apr 2006 at 09:25 PM.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

I'm not going to hate on family guy because it does provide me a few random stupid jokes while I'm doing math and other mind numbing crap I can't get out of.

BUT, and I've think I've said this before, it is the most useless comedy adult cartoon out there. It is pretty much a 30 minute long jumble of old pop culture jokes. Any generation after us will probably find FG 0 funny. They won't get the jokes. They will have no idea why Optimus prime being a jew is funny. At best they will find it funny because Optimus prime is a truck and not a robot monkey ass or whatever the japs have made him into in 2030.

As others have said SP is a bit preachy these days so it is in danger of screwing itself in much the same way. It will be anamainacs all over again.

However Futuroma will be always funny for those who dig it's kind of jokes. It creates a world and makes it's jokes within that world. As long as people have anything that approaches intelligence, future generations can enjoy it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    You must seriously be a retard. Osama told everyone why it sucked. OSAMA. Manatees were piecing together jokes by arranging a series of balls. MANATEES.
    Okay Jackass now tell me why the fuck Family Guy shouldn't be watched. They tried to attack Family Guy in so many different fucking ways but they never gave one fucking reason why someone shouldn't watch it.
    Cartman "Don't you ever, EVER compare me to Family Guy, you hear me Kyle? Compare me to Family Guy again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand! Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: 'Hey Cartman you must like Family Guy, right?' 'Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of Family Guy, Cartman!' I am nothing like Family Guy! When I make jokes they are inherent to a story! Deep situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a point, not just one random interchangable joke after another!"

Cartman rant might have meant something if for close to a decade SP hadn't been preaching tolerance.In the end it's a rant. An elitist rant.So what if family guy is written by manatees. Who the fuck cares! Cartamans bitching sounded like nothing but elitist shit that if any other person said about something popular they would be called bitter.

Or maybe it just hasn't occured to Matt and Trey that FG is an extremely different show and that they are really pissed at thier own fans who decided to enjoy something else and stupidly compare apples and oranges.

Or chances are SP fans, who usaully pride themselves on "getting" SP are so blinded by this whole "lets attack FG" bullshit that no one has blatantly realized this is just another attack on Scienetology.
    Last edited by avatar; 13 Apr 2006 at 11:03 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    Okay Jackass now tell me why the fuck Family Guy shouldn't be watched.
    Because it sucks ass and isn't funny. It relies on the same worthless gag over and over again and fails as a comedy on every single level. It has bad characters in trite situations cracking shitty jokes.

This was stuff mostly said in the episode btw, actually bin Laden and Zarqawi said it wasnt funny.

The censorship last night wasn't real
    http://media.nationalreview.com/094921.asp

Take from that what you will. Michelle Malkin and other worthless idiots are totally misreading it and flying off the handle like good wingnuts do, but apparently it actually was censorship if that NRO entry is right.

10. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Because it sucks ass and isn't funny. It relies on the same worthless gag over and over again and fails as a comedy on every single level. It has bad characters in trite situations cracking shitty jokes.
    Maybe in your WoW guild that's fact, but in reality that's opinion.