Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    One of my favorite moments from the episode (paraphrasing here):

Reporter: Mr. President, why can't you reason with the Family Guy writing staff?

Bush: I'm sorry, but that information is . . . classified.

Reporters in Unison: AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
    That was actually my favorite part too. Just how they were jumping around and screaming nonsense. It was really funny.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Here's a thread where people near universally-agree that Family Guy is better than Futurama: http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ght=family+guy
    Back then Family Guy was new, cool, and fairly unique. Futurama was still funny, but in a more traditional way. Watching Family Guy was fun because you never knew what you were going to get.

Now I'm tired of Family Guy and would much rather watch Futurama on any given day. Not that I hate Family Guy, it's just tiring at this point. So yes, time does change things.

But South Park has always been better than both.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

3. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    This show has definitely been good lately, but it definitely is up and down in quality. The last batch of episodes before this sucked ass (minus the Paris Hilton one). It's a shame it's so inconsistant because when it's good, it's GOOD.
    You're crazy about that last batch. Wilzyak,The Gingers, and the episode where they needed the girls "future seeing" device were all great.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe
    You're crazy about that last batch. Wilzyak,The Gingers, and the episode where they needed the girls "future seeing" device were all great.
    Maybe I'm thinking the batch before it then. I just remember hating watching South Park every week to just NOT be at all entertained... but I had to watch every week because you never knew when it would get good again. It's kind of like how I keep watching Aqua Teen when it's new (not that that's happened much).. but ever since that Mexican Jumping Bean episode it's been absolute garbage. The Boost mobile episode actually made me angry.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

5. Season 8 was pretty awful. The show jumped the shark with the Michael Jackson episode. They've gotten some good ones since, but nothing as good as the goth, Christian rock, gay, and Mormon episodes in season 7. They were on fire that year.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. Wrong. Douche and Turd, The Walmart episode, Pre-school, Paris Hilton, the episode where Cartman is psychic and the fucking Woodland Critter Christmas are all after the Michael Jackson episode (which isn't very good) and they're all pretty great. The only not that great episode in that run is the one where they have a news show, and even that episode has it's merits.

And season 9 was pretty good too, with only having like 3 crappy episodes (The Jimmy episode was horrible, the talent agency ep isn't good, and the whale episode looked crappy even though I haven't seen it.

Yeah, you're wrong the show hasn't jumped the shark yet.

7. The Jimmy episode? You mean the one where he takes roids? That episode is a fucking classic.

8. That Woodland Critters Christmas! Goddamn that episode is disturbingly good.

I really liked the episode from last season where they sent the killer whale to the moon.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tenchimo Dos
    That Woodland Critters Christmas! Goddamn that episode is disturbingly good.
    Hail Satan!
    Time for a change

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fighter-X
    Both shows are good, though SP had a severe slump a few seasons ago.

Can't help but to like FG simply for the randomness....who cares if the jokes are "interchangeable". You like it or you don't.
    Yeah, the jokes are so interchangable that they decided to use that one clip with Peter drinking wine at church three times now. THREE TIMES.