Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

1. www.TVShowsonDVD.com has info on the season 4 DVD set, including some stuff on the extras.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

lithium Guest
    South Park is one of the very few shows that makes me consider getting cable again. But then I'll just buy it on dvd.

I think my favorite episode is the one dealing with catholic priests.

Counselor: Okay. And did Father Maxi, at any time, ever try to put something in your butt? [long pause]
    Cartman: Ih... in our... butt?
    Counselor: You don't need to be ashamed or embarassed. Just, did he ever try to put anything in your butt?
    Stan: ...Like ...money? What?
    Butters: You mean, like a goldfish?

3. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    re: Passion episode:

It was a mixed bag. Mel Gibson was utterly hilarious, from the Mad Max tanker to the Braveheart makeup to the torture fetish.
    See, I don't get this. Why was Mel Gibson hilarious? Was there some news story I missed that described him as completely insane? It just seemed like a really lame reason to make everyone not like the Passion, and I don't really understand it all. He seemed like a rather intelligent person, so what's the deal with him acting stupid?

And the Mad Max joke would have been funny if I didn't see it coming from miles away. That one was so blatantly obvious that they were going to use that.

And that thing is Cartman as Hitler... I knew Cartman was evil, that he did some fucked up things, but he wants to kill all the jews? That's kind of taking it a step too far, imo.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

lithium Guest
    Was Cartman Hitler again? He was Hitler for halloween once. And then the principal made him change and he became a kkk member.

5. Yeah, I felt some of the stuff with Hitler Cartman was a bit much, the "cleansing" stuff especially.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Quote Originally Posted by lithium
    Was Cartman Hitler again? He was Hitler for halloween once. And then the principal made him change and he became a kkk member.
    Now that was funny and handled in a classy manner, it made me laugh just thinking about it.

But like Jeremy said, the way Cartman was Hitler in this one was actually downright offensive. I felt it was too over the top.

7. But that was the point. It was supposed to be offensive as it was pointing out how previous Passion Play's led to things like that.

And Cartman continues to get more and more evil as the seasons go on.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    And Cartman continues to get more and more evil as the seasons go on.
    I'm fully expecting them to reveal in the final episode (someday) that Cartman is in fact the anti-christ.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. The episode would have been alot more funny if the writers remembered that Jesus actually lives in South Park, this episode was just dying for him to say or do SOMETHING!!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    See, I don't get this. Why was Mel Gibson hilarious? Was there some news story I missed that described him as completely insane? It just seemed like a really lame reason to make everyone not like the Passion, and I don't really understand it all. He seemed like a rather intelligent person, so what's the deal with him acting stupid?
    If you read or watch any interviews with Gibson he comes off as pretty unbalanced.

I dunno, it's part of his persona in both movies and real life.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood