Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8191939495969799 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Lol the Favre clap.
    I'm glad someone finally called out the bullshit of Jenner being a hero.
    you must be living under a rock. The ultra conservative right has had a ball generating really horrible minion and military memes about how she is not a hero.

2. The left is bailing on Jenner too, now that she did not sufficiently show herself to be a Tumblrina to their satisfaction.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    South Park crushes it again! You can watch it here: http://southpark.cc.com/full-episode...=synd_premiere
    Holy fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

I watched it. It was alright. It wasn't completely on point. But it was pretty close.

5. There's nothing heroic about disclosing your LGBTQA (did I miss any?) status in 2015, no more than simply being in the military makes one a hero. Coming out to family and friends is not heroic, but it's certainly brave--the degree of bravery depending on the circumstances, of course.

Re: South Park--I wonder if Kyle's cave-in at the end will set up a grand theme, or develop the Principal PC character, as the season progresses. We're all one microaggression or trigger away from the wrath of true believer SJWs. No amount of conformity or apology will ever feed the beast to its satisfaction. I hope they run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The left is bailing on Jenner too, now that she did not sufficiently show herself to be a Tumblrina to their satisfaction.
    I would've thought admitting to conservative political tendencies would be Jenner's gravest sin in their eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

6. Caitlyn Jenner is an Attention Whore.

I like that they made the PC crew frat boys as it's exclusively a middle class first world trait. I felt the ending was forced and rushed though.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. The Canadian alphabet is the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    There's nothing heroic about disclosing your LGBTQA (did I miss any?) status in 2015, no more than simply being in the military makes one a hero. Coming out to family and friends is not heroic, but it's certainly brave--the degree of bravery depending on the circumstances, of course.

Re: South Park--I wonder if Kyle's cave-in at the end will set up a grand theme, or develop the Principal PC character, as the season progresses. We're all one microaggression or trigger away from the wrath of true believer SJWs. No amount of conformity or apology will ever feed the beast to its satisfaction. I hope they run with it.

I would've thought admitting to conservative political tendencies would be Jenner's gravest sin in their eyes.
    I would say risking your career and legacy is heroic. And in some crowds it's also risking your life.

If she's doing this to support nonfamious lgbt people that need a boost, it is also heroic.

Also, Jesus chrust, I'm tired of the conservative persucution complex. You know why you don't think she's a hero? Because you see conservatives as a minority or underpowered. There is no other explenantion for how your mind can block out how this could be career death or some rednecks might beat her to death. You think the majority is liberal and we're going to have parades for her transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Caitlyn Jenner is an Attention Whore.

I like that they made the PC crew frat boys as it's exclusively a middle class first world trait. I felt the ending was forced and rushed though.
    This is true. SJWs are primarily middle white kids and west coast middle class black kids.

Lower middle class and poor kids aren't on tumblr, worried about how skinny Disney characters are.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I would say risking your career and legacy is heroic. And in some crowds it's also risking your life.

If she's doing this to support nonfamious lgbt people that need a boost, it is also heroic.

Also, Jesus chrust, I'm tired of the conservative persucution complex. You know why you don't think she's a hero? Because you see conservatives as a minority or underpowered. There is no other explenantion for how your mind can block out how this could be career death or some rednecks might beat her to death. You think the majority is liberal and we're going to have parades for her transition.
    You're trying to paint me as some sort of conservative (as I am a libertarian, you would be incorrect half the time), but let's play along anyways. If I were some dyed-in-the-wool right-winger, I certainly wouldn't feel like I'm in the minority. I would be convinced that mine is the opinion that the majority of Americans hold. And on the occasions that election results don't support my theory, I would comfort myself in a cocoon of "silent majority" self-delusion. Your efforts at being the Most Progressive Mississippian Ever are cute, but ultimately reek of trying too hard.

That's one of the benefits of being a libertarian. Delusions of grandeur aren't an option. I might feel that my opinions are correct, but I'm under no illusion that the political landscape is going to break my way any day now.

Finally, anyone brain-dead enough to follow B-list celebrity reality TV isn't going to give a rosy red fuck about sexual orientation or gender identity or whatever. Jenner's Hollywood peers, on the other hand... I would wager that holding political opinions deemed unacceptable in so-called polite society are a much more of a minefield than a gender swap we all saw coming a mile away.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Jenner enjoys a Clint Eastwood level of being able to buck the political norm and not give a fuck. But I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.