Thread: Good tracking software?

1. Good tracking software?

I'm just curious, I have a few firewalls installed, but I'm thinking in case someone tries to reset programs in my system, I'd like to get both their IP address and their personal address to where they're located. Is there any software that does all that?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. A few firewalls? You should only need one. More firewall programs do not necessarily mean more protection. They just bog down your system, since you have to let each one monitor the connection, monitor your programs that are using it, etc, and all that takes CPU cycles.

I know Sygate Personal Firewall will tell you if anyone is trying to hit your computer. ZoneAlarm might, I don't know. I just use my router and make sure the ports I don't want open are not opened.

3. I've got zonealarm and peerguardian to choose from, I just need to figure out which is good.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. Zonealarm should work. I don't know anything about PeerGuardian, but a Google search says it doesn't take up much RAM (15 MB, so it says on the methlabs page). No mention of reporting tools though.

5. Seems I have better luck with it. I'm having a little trouble importing an entire list of IP's rather then doing each one manually. What a pain in the @$$.