Thread: WTB: Cheap 15'' / 17'' CRT monitor

WTB: Cheap 15'' / 17'' CRT monitor

I want to setup a dual monitor setup to compliment my new LCD screen with a CRT, and was wondering if anyone had an extra 15'' or 17'' (at least 1028x768) monitor laying around that they'd be willing to part with for something along the lines of $50 after shipping. I know it's not much, but I can't bring myself to pay near $100 for a secondary monitor.

2. Dunno what it's like where you live, but I always just head to the thrift store whenever I need a new monitor. The one I'm using now (17" Hitachi) cost me $12 from goodwill.

You lucky lucky bastard. I'm in a suburb of NYC where all we have is damn national chains. Cheapest I can find online after shipping is $100, too.

Take your ass to the city and go to one of the many quasi-legal discount electronics stores.

When I was there they were, like, two to the block. At least in Brooklyn.

Yeah, Brooklyn they're pretty common--and I'll probably be there in a few days, or at least on Easter since the family's there--appreciate the suggestion, never thought of Brooklyn; but the city would be out of the question since getting to the city and home just isn't even worth it for a monitor. Would still rather get one online, though.