Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Lupin the Third

1. But all the Funi Releases have the same type of sides... or am I missing something.

I would like a nice cover for CoC, especially for the spine, it's just so damn ugly. The fact that someone got paid t omake that saddens me.

2. Twilight has a completely different side, as does Harimao. CoC's cover is indeed a sham. The fact that they used a friggin' screen grab for the cover doesn't help. The dub is really good though, and features David Hayter as Lupin, and the guy who does Jigen for Geneon as Goemon.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Twilight has a completely different side, as does Harimao
    WTF? Are those out in America? And my big problem with CoC's cover is the spine. Dark blue with shitty slanted orange writing taking up only the top corner? WTF?

Also, David Hayter (Solid Snake) as Lupin sounds a little wierd. Lupin can't have a deep voice like that, does he sound different?

4. Hayter's voice for Lupin is a lot like the others: high pitched, but believable. He's got some great dramatic stuff in this, and it's all done well. The voice actor for Jigen is disappointing, as he ends up sounding like Oolong from Dragon Ball. Twilight was Funi's first Lupin release, while Harimao was second, and Dragon of Doom was third. I just bought Farewell to Nostramus off of Overstock, which will finally catch me up on my Lupins, outside of Tokyo Crisis.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Wait wait wait... you said I was all caught up on teh funi releases when I listed what I had but Twilight and Harimao weren't on the list, and I've never seen them in stores before.

???
    ??

6. Yeah, I forgot about them. My bad. If you want them for a good price, Twilight is a mere $15 on Overstock, and Harimao is $18.

For future reference, here's a listing of all of the current DVD releases, in the order they came out, divided up by company.

Funimation releases:
    Legend of the Twilight Gemini
    Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure
    Dragon of Doom
    Voyage to Danger
    Dead or Alive
    Island of Assassins
    Farewell to Nostramus
    Crisis in Tokyo

Pioneer/Geneon releases:
    Vol. 1 - the World's Most Wanted
    Vol. 2 - Love Heist
    Vol. 3 - Family Jewels
    Secret of Mamo
    Vol. 4 - Thieves Paradise
    Vol. 5 - Mission: Irresistable
    Vol. 6 - Lupin the Target
    Vol. 7 - Royal Scramble
    Vol. 8 - Sweet Betrayals
    Vol. 9 - Scent of Murder
    Vol. 10 - Enchanted Lupin
    Vol. 11 - From Moscow with Love

Here's Manga's Lupin DVD count:
    Castle of Cagliostro

And Animeigo's:
    Rupan III: the Fuma Conspiracy

And Streamline's:
    Mystery of Mamo

I don't count MoM in my DVDs to catch up on, since it's rare, and came out eons ago. Plus, I've got it on CD.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 29 Aug 2005 at 02:42 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Good times, if fans are making new covers like you say, I think I'll wait till they're available to order the first two funi movies from overstock.

8. Well, the problem with that is that the project may never get finished, and Overstock doesn't have many copies of Lupin stuff in stock.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Shit happens.

Maybe Funi will rerelease them later with the same siding as the current ones. You never know.

10. True, and there have been rumors of Funi re-releasing them.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan