Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Lupin the Third

1. It's excellent. They've got trademark VAs that were there for most of the productions and are immediately associated with their characters. 'Sides, the DVDs come with dubs too. Believe it or not I haven't heard the dub. I’ll give it a listen though. Which series does CN show? One or two?

2. Quote Originally Posted by BBQ_Tool
    Castle of Cagliostro is a weird Lupin the 3rd movie. Normally he fucks the girl, in this one he sort of wimps out. Is Lupin trying to be portrayed as 'grown up' or something?
    Yeah I thought that was weird too. I think that they were trying for a romantic hero type of thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

3. Yeah, they were veering away from the murderous, sex-crazed thief of the manga. Another rendition of the story. There are a few of them throughout its history. Some of the TV series seem to focus on Lupin and Zenigata's rivalry, for example.

4. I just DLed high quality versions of some of the first series, after having a few low-quality ones, and I'm amazed at how great the characters are in the ones I've seen. I can't wait to see Fuma, I've seen clips of it, and I'm hyped for it. Plus, I can't wait to hear a different voice cast's take on the characters. The new Lupin DVD is out in a couple of weeks, head to head with WM XX for my money. Odds are, I'll go with Lupin, and buy WM at Wal-Mart a few weeks after release for a few bucks cheaper. Funimation's got a couple of Lupin releases during the next year, and I'm hoping that their cast can pronounce the characters' names correctly.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gymkata
    Yeah I thought that was weird too. I think that they were trying for a romantic hero type of thing...
    Well, I think Miyazaki's version of LupinIII is more like the original Arsene Lupin. A gentleman theif, not a sex crazed maniac. Though any incarnation of LupinIII is bad ass.
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

6. Lupin in CoC is pretty much a Lupin that I haven't seen every, kind of tailor-made for just that film. Miyazaki's other incarnates of Lupin, going by what I've seen of his stuff on the first series, is pretty true to the roots of the character, and less so to the original Arsene Lupin. Also, the 1932 Arsene Lupin film was recently shown on TCM, and was my first exposure to that character. It's amazing to see the parallels between the characters in Lupin III and the original Arsene Lupin.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Just got, and watched, the Fuma Conspiracy today. Very enjoyable movie, moreso than CoC, for me anyway. The chases were hilarious, and the voice cast did a spectacular job considering that Animeigo probably had next to no budget for this. I enjoyed the cast here more than the Funimation one, but not as much as the Pioneer/Geneon one.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. This show rocks big time.

Word.

9. What are your favorite episodes? The next DVD will have episodes 28-32 of the second series.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Update from Luis Cruz, the owner of the Lupin Encyclopedia, and the Lupin the Third Yahoo Group - Funimation is trying to get the rights to supplemental materials for their releases. He says that he'll post more info once he gets it. Hopefully, some release dates will emerge soon.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan