Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Lupin the Third

1. More Funimation Lupin news, they won't be releasing anything until at least December, due to them not getting the masters, and there being a six month production time after they get them.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. Any series that gives birth to a character as cool as Jigen Daisuke is fine by me. Of the bits I've seen (pretty much all of what's been released domestically, as I'm not hardcore enough for fansubs), Castle of Cagliostro's my favorite, though I never realized how OOC Lupin was until I came across the manga. Monkey Punch is a bit of a perve, and I mean that as a compliment, mind you.

3. Does OOC equal Out Of Control, or is that some kind of new fangled acronym? Good to see another fan of Jigen, he's an awesome character, and amazingly, despite existing for over thirty years, very little about his past is known.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Does OOC equal Out Of Control, or is that some kind of new fangled acronym? Good to see another fan of Jigen, he's an awesome character, and amazingly, despite existing for over thirty years, very little about his past is known.
    Actually, I meant it to be Out Of Character, since Lupin normally has no qualms about boffing a girl, no matter how nice she may be. Still, gotta love Cagliostro, though.

5. Ah, okay. Yeah, CoC's Lupin is out of character compared to pretty much anything that I've seen, with the manga being the most extreme example. CoC is a nice change of pace for a Lupin title though, as it showcases elements of the characters that tend to not be used all that often.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. I got Volume 6 today... Fujiko is turning into a real bitch.

7. I should get Volume 6 soon, as I bought it from Circuit City's site for $20, and it shipped on the ninth. I just read a review of the DVD at www.LupintheThird.org , and it sounds like a great DVD.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Oh it's really good. They put in a differnt intro. But Fujiko is a real bitch in this volume, like in every episode. But the episodes are good as hell.

9. The "new" intro was in the last volume too, and there are a couple more intros to go.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 01 Sep 2005 at 11:07 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Well shit, I didn't even notice it in the last voume. But then again. I usually start each episode at teh first section, not the intro, this times was a fluke.