Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Q1 2004

1. Q1 2004

With the first quarter of 2004 winding down, its time to look back and evaluate.

For me, Q1 2004 was one of the better ones in recent memory...Ninja Gaiden, R-Type Final, Line of Contact and Twin Snakes all took up too much of my time. I normally only pick up 1-2 new games in Q1...this year I got 7.

I vote Ninja Gaiden as GOTQ1!!!

Thoughts on Q1 2004?

2. It's great. Far Cry and Battlefeild Vietnam both came out as well. They're great. Everything is just great.

For me Q1 was good but I didn't buy a lot of games. Mario and Luigi and Battlefeild Vietnam I am playing, soon to be Far Cry when I get out of school. It's just that school eats up a lot of my time and I only get some spare time on Sunday and Monday (when I post here the most). Still, a good quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I really enjoyed Ninja Gaiden from what I played of it. I got sucked into PoP but I am going back to some sweet Ninja action when I am done with it.

4. A whole lot of nothing on the domestic front, except for Nightshade and R-Type Final, both of which were out last year overseas. I'm sure I'm forgetting something (and no, it isn't Ninja Gaiden, so let's not go there).

My GOTQ1: Rig Rigs for PC. There's no way you can not like that game. I tried.

5. Well, I only played few games, but with Ninja Gaiden and The Suffering, Q1 is very good. I will add Twin Snakes to the list as well, even though dj is more impressed with it than I.

6. It's Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari EX for me on the import side and The Twin Snakes in the domestic front.

Aside from that, there usually isn't much going for during the first quarter of things, so everything was meh for me. I would had tried Ninja Gaiden if not for the simple fact that I don't have an Xbox.

7. Unreal Tournament 2004. That's about it really - Ninja Gaiden does look very well done but sadly I haven't played it yet.

8. I've come to the conclusion that Bobvila hates video games.

Quarter 1 was AMAZING!

Ninja Gaiden and Unreal Tournament 2004 will easily be remembered when it comes to the end of the year thoughts. Pandora Tomorrow, Far Cry, R-Type Final, Pop'n Music 9 and a couple of others I'm forgetting. Tons of great, delayed from christmas stuff going on though.

This whole damn year is just going to be awesome.
    Play Guitar Hero //

9. Gaiden was badass, I think I'm probably the only one that thinks NG deserved an A in the TNL review. NG deserves GOTQ1 if not GOTY.

10. All of the price drops from games that tanked over the holidays have been nice.