Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Ehrgeiz like?

What is Ehrgeiz like?

Never got around to picking it up is it a Fighter RPG? Didn't Squaresoft release it. Worth tracking down?

Thanks for the feedback!

Korian

2. Nice CG, dungeon mode, and fighting engine. I have no idea how much it is now, I bought it when it came out, then later sold it.

Originally posted by Green
    Nice CG, dungeon mode, and fighting engine. I have no idea how much it is now, I bought it when it came out, then later sold it.
    Are any of the characters from Final Fantasy?

Korian

4. Tifa, Cloud (badass sword action), Red 13, Sephiroth, and (my favorite) Vincent. There is even a FF7 level, looks a bit like Midgard, and there is meteria flowing below the level. However, the FF7 guys are just swaps of other characters, with some moves altered. Its been awhile, so I may be wrong on some of this.

5. ehrgeiz is like playing powerstone, just not even close to chaotic. and without the ability to pick up weapons and items. it's good for what it is though, and it's not that bad. i should pick it up if i see it around though, i never really got into it at the arcade but the minigames look fun.

6. Red XIII has a different name. He's the final boss. I can't remember what his name is though. His colors are a little different also.

7. Yeah, it's Power Stone crossed with DoA2, minus the fanservice. Alright, but there's other fighting games out there more worth your time, unles you're an FF VII nut.
    -Kyo

8. okay, Ive played thru this game like 1000000 times...

and I wrote this on Fgroove awhile ago, it still applies...

http://fgroove.blogspot.com/2002_02_...e.html#9997985

honestly, unless you want to play for FF7 value, this game sucks ass. RedXIII isnt in it, but there is a dog thingie that has move namees like "cosmo canyon buster" and stuff like that. (to get him you have to unlock all playable characters)

worst part i think i mentioned in that article, was when you punch.....you dont really punch. most of the time you're hitting air.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. The only reason to play through it would be to see Sephiroths ending , otherwise your better off getting Tobal2 or bushido blade.

10. Ehrgeiz aclually looks pretty damn good- considering its a PSX game. When it first came out, it was one of the best looking home fighters out there. The opening CG is badass as well.

Namco had some involvement with this game. The arcade machine actually has Namco on it. There is a character named Godhand who looks and plays a bit like Kazuya or Jin from Tekken. He wears the same glove.

The FF7 characters are cool, but their novelty runs out quickly when you realize that they are skin-swaps of each other (same moves, different polygon models).

This game is kinda like Tobal or Powerstone in basic design with some stark differences. To block, you keep the stick NEUTRAL. That is very weird. The special moves are easier to do than tobal, and you have a separate bar to drain for this use. The combat is not unlike Powerstone in terms of the run-and-chase and weapons that come out of crates that you can pick up.

The RPG mode is decent, but not as good as Tobal 2 or even Tobal 1.

There is also a nifty minigame mode which is fun for aboot 20 min.

Not a terrible fighter, but its no SF or Soul Calibur or VF
    Pick it up for no more than $25.