Originally posted by Zerodash
Ehrgeiz aclually looks pretty damn good- considering its a PSX game. When it first came out, it was one of the best looking home fighters out there. The opening CG is badass as well.

Namco had some involvement with this game. The arcade machine actually has Namco on it. There is a character named Godhand who looks and plays a bit like Kazuya or Jin from Tekken. He wears the same glove.

The FF7 characters are cool, but their novelty runs out quickly when you realize that they are skin-swaps of each other (same moves, different polygon models).

This game is kinda like Tobal or Powerstone in basic design with some stark differences. To block, you keep the stick NEUTRAL. That is very weird. The special moves are easier to do than tobal, and you have a separate bar to drain for this use. The combat is not unlike Powerstone in terms of the run-and-chase and weapons that come out of crates that you can pick up.

The RPG mode is decent, but not as good as Tobal 2 or even Tobal 1.

There is also a nifty minigame mode which is fun for aboot 20 min.

Not a terrible fighter, but its no SF or Soul Calibur or VF
Pick it up for no more than $25.
That pretty much sums up how I feel.

I bought the import back in the day, and after I unlocked everything, I put it back up on the shelf and haven't touched it since.