Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Akira stuff

1. Uh-oh Cool Akira stuff

I was browsing Hobby Link Japan and came across some really cool Akira stuff being release this summer.

Kaneda's motorcycle(1/12 scale)

Akira mini figures

I'm looking to get Kaneda's motorcycle myself

2. It's too bad they can't release a version of Kanada's bike with all the decals it had in the film... or maybe thats how it was originally in the manga? Not sure.

Either way, pretty sweet looking.

3. The bike looks cool, though without it's decals it looks like it's straight out of Tron.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Yeah I wonder if it will have the decals once it's released, maybe those are early photos or maybe the decals aren't put on and you have the option to have them or not... I do think it should have the decals too though.

5. The McFarlane bike had the same problem... I think because the decals are of actual companies, like Canon, they don't have the rights to do so... which is unfortunate.

6. Indeed. There is a BMW Sticker on the bike, but on a poster from the movie, it's altered slightly and no "BMW" appears.

Like Frank Millers Hard Boiled.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    I want a fully working 1/1 scale, dammit.

What's up with the smaller figures, are both the chrome and painted ones random together or what?

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    I have a picture of just that, it was in a book I had

What's up with the smaller figures, are both the chrome and painted ones random together or what?
    They are listed as trading figures, I'm guessing there random much like the MGS2 trading figures Konami had.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    I have a picture of just that, it was in a book I had
    *gasps* I... I NEED! I will never own one of those bikes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Your wish is my command.

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/lifestyle/a...2/news040.html

http://www.neo-fukuoka.com/