Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Digital Tablets and Drawing

1. Quote Originally Posted by salmonax
    Yes. The tactile factor is much better on a tablet PC, too. The ones I tried felt as comfortable as pencil-on-paper. Of course, they're thousands of dollars, so I don't see myself owning one anytime soon. You get your money's worth, though.
    If I could write neatly enough for handwriting recognition in all the other apps, I think a tablet PC would be awesome for me... unfortunately, Apple doesn't make anything like this, and I doubt I could afford dropping as much money as one would cost on a PC that wasn't a desktop capable of playing the 2 or 3 PC games or apps I want and don't have.

It seems like all the hype about them died down, though... You never hear about tablet PCs anymore. Maybe the timing was wrong?

2. Buy him a scanner instead. The art'll be much better.

3. so i assume you still see a cursor on the screen with these things (in relation to where your pen is on the tablet) like you would a mouse, for orientation purposes? ive known about these for a while but have never used, or seen one used.

lithium Guest
    Screen resolution is an issue with tablets, as I found out the hard way. My main machine has two monitors, and so my tablet (9x12), maps itself to double what it normally does, width wise. I can't get used to it, my drawing's always very distorted and getting used to it would literally mean altering my drawing at a pretty fundamental level. I have to disconnect one monitor to use it. Is there any way to prevent this? I almost never use it because of this problem.

5. This goes in The Circuit Board.

6. Well, At least I got some answers before it got moved into here

I wonder if many people even visit this board?

7. If you would bother to check the topic list, you would see that it gets as many readers as any other part of the board. TCB has done very well for being such a new section.

Tech stuff goes in the tech board. No exceptions.

8. Gabe from Penny Arcade (or is it tyco? the one that draws it) uses a WACOM and swears by it. He got a new one a few months ago and talked about it in his rants for awhile.