Thread: Stupid AOL question

1. Stupid AOL question

OK here is my story. I am a huge Van Halen fan. Tickets are available to AOL members for presale starting tomorrow. The last thing I want to do is install AOL on my machine, but I got to do, what I got do.

To my question:

I am currently using Road Runner, and my machine doesn't even have a modem and I don't want to install one. Can I use AOL without a dial-up connection? I would just use one of those silly discs that they send 8 million of every month, or I was given 6 free months when I bought my Dell which I guess I could use as well.

Any help would be great...and keep the Van Hagar hate to a minimum plz.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Can I use AOL without a dial-up connection?
    yes. just follow the set up instructions and watch for the section that asks what type of connection you're using.

3. Thanks for that info, my mom will be quite happy.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. if your mom still insists on using aol, AND you've got broadband (other than aol broadband), get the plan that costs like $15 (i think it used to be about $10). that plan is for those that have an outside ISP and still want to keep the aol service. they might offer something cheaper, so i guess take a look around and see what they've got.

you might already know about that though, but just in case you didn't.

5. Yeah, we had that when he first had broadband. I think we're back onto it now too.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    yes. just follow the set up instructions and watch for the section that asks what type of connection you're using.
    Rock 'n Roll! *wails on air guitar*