Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Video Games Claim Another Life!

1. Originally posted by James
    Much more fun my way. Anyone who says violence never solves anything isn't using it right.

James

That's probably the same reason those kids were in the alternative learning center. Violence should always be a last resort. It's better to just take a deep breath, and walk away. It's not worth throwing your life, or another person's away. It's just sick, and a total lack of common sence.

2. Wow, take a snappy comeback, complete with little smiley at the end to indicate a lack of seriousness, serious, why don't you?

I'll happily defend smacking some little turd up side the head. I didn't stave in his skull, I didn't send him across the room (although I did push him away from the machine), and I didn't do more than piss him off and get rid of him. Took a few seconds of my life, solved the problem. Looking back on it (this was back when Gauntlet came out, 85-86?) I still think it was the proper thing to do. Crude and non-tactful? Sure. Efficient and satisfying? Oh, yeah.

James

3. Problem is, people get worked up over the smaller things, and touching tends to set people off bad, no matter how small the touch was. Silly, really, but it happens.