Thread: So I finished PSO and...

1. So I finished PSO and...

The ending sucked. All I got were credits and a spinning red ring that I assume was Rico's. I didn't go everywhere in ruins 3, since I'd been playing for three hours and just wanted to get through it.

Do I need to keep looking and find Rico, or does the ending get better once you've done the other difficulty levels? Because if it doesn't, I may just put this game away and not play it again until the new version comes out...
    -Kyo

2. Well, PSO basically has no story. If you aren't into the leveling up and online play (and later cool hidden weapons), put it away, because you've seen all there is.

I'm waiting for Ver. 1/2 on GC before I play again.

3. Same here, I may just wait and get the X-Box version (assuming it ever comes out) because it has the broadband adapter already built-in.
    omg TNL epics!

4. The ending get's slightly better on Hard... very slightly (if you want to know I can tell you), the ending still sucks though

And if you don't play it online beating it more then once is useless, I can't tell you how many time I beat this game but at least 15 times on Very Hard to build up my character which is useless now

5. Well, I am into the levelling up, which is why I'm playing it now (I needed more after Lodoss War). But since the online game is pretty much dead, with mostly cheating morons left by the sound of things (way to make use of that $15 you spent!) I'm not sure it's worth the effort, since I'd have to pay for dial up too.

But...you never actually get to meet Rico?
    -Kyo

6. Without spoiling too much...finish the game on Hard to "see" Rico.

Have you played the offline quests yet? I actually found a few of those to be quite amusing and they give you a little more story if you're looking for that. I haven't played PSO online since about a month after ver. 2 came out (got sick of all the cheating), but I still fire it up to play offline regularly. It's a simple and fun way to while away a few hours if you're into hack and slash games at all.

7. You do see Rico, but don't blink the first time you beat it on Very Hard.

I recommend you go for it. The game is fun and not too difficult. Besides, there are people out there who have seen the ending twenty times, you might as well check it out once.

8. the "ending" is much more satisfying online... when it shows your characters portrait along with the 3 other player's and congradulations under it...

okay... maybe it's not that much more satisfying... but the first time i saw it, it gave a nice feeling inside