Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idol Master

1. "The Idolmaster is a raising/music game in which you choose one of 9 girls to produce, and turn into a star. With five minigames, you raise her dance, song, and visual stats (their costumes are customizable). There's also a conversation element, to raise her confidence, and so you can get some "memories" in movie form. After some lessons, you get a chance to make her go to TV at an audition show. She'll compete against five other girls, and if she wins, acquire some fans. The number of fans from then on determines the idol status. If you do well enough, then you can train more girls."

Quote Originally Posted by negitoro
    I wonder how many of you are serious....
    My shelf is filled with this kind of twee junk, of course am buying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    i'm 100% serious. i love catchy, japanese pop music sung by cute girls. most people who don't either haven't discovered it yet or just take themselves way too seriously.
    I read "Morning Mutsume" between the lines of that whole post.

2. Soooo...Essentially this is just Derby Owners Club for cute girls.

PS: I rented Spice World when it came out. I was expecting a fun little music game..what I got was uhhh...christ, what the Hell WAS that game?
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. It was a choreography game, I........ dig it. Now this adds who and how I get to choreograph. Maybe I should just get the job.

4. Heh. Sounds like that Model simulation game that Torg and Gwynn have been playing on Sluggy Freelance lately.
    "YOU FEED A FRIED CHICKENS TO FASHION RANCH MODEL NABIBI. NABIBI IS HAPPY SORROW. NABIBI IS WORK CHEAPER NOW."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sl1p
    PS: I rented Spice World when it came out. I was expecting a fun little music game..what I got was uhhh...christ, what the Hell WAS that game?
    i actually own it. i bought it for my little sister for her birthday years and years ago and well... it's been sitting in my room for i don't know how long with massive amounts of dust on it. i wish i spent the money on a box of Spice Girls lollipops instead.

6. As of yet, Idol Master has only been planned for an arcade release. However, since the preview specifically says "Pre-debut version" am going to assume the PS2 version will be released at a slightly later date, with all the bells and whistles. I dont think there is any realistic way to do everything in this game at the arcade.

7. http://www.highwaygames.com/print.ph...iew=&print=yes

Quote Originally Posted by highwaygames.com
    In Namco’s Idol Master, players assume the role of producer, and are able to choose one girl from nine unique, unknown girls, who they will then manage in the effort to make them a pop star so they can win the title of idol. The producer must develop their characters vocal ability, dance moves and image to make them unique from other contestants during the contest, and increase their chances of becoming the idol.

When the producer feels the idol contestant is ready, they can send the contestant to an audition. During the audition, six players can network to have idols compete simultaneously. Contestants can maintain a memory of each idol performance, so they can further grow and develop as a performer. If a contestant passes the audition, they progress to perform on TV, and can then build a fan base.

An idols ranking rises as the fan base increases. The producer graduates when their contestant is voted most popular and takes the title of idol. Graduate producers may then produce another idol contestant. If a producer is able to develop all nine different characters to the point that they each become the idol, the producer becomes the Idol Master.
    It actually sounds like it could be a pretty good simulation game. I'd give it a try if given the chance.