Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Import Sega CD games...

1. Import Sega CD games...

I basically have every domestic Sega CD game I want, save for the two Lunar games. I'd like to try some imports out. A few I'm thinking of are:

Annette Futatabi

The sequel to El Viento, only more like Streets of Rage in gameplay.

[thumbnail]shinforce.com/segacd/reviews/AnetFutatabi-1.jpg[/thumbnail] [thumbnail]shinforce.com/segacd/reviews/AnetFutatabi-2.jpg[/thumbnail]

Night Striker

A Thunderblade-like shooter from Taito.

[thumbnail]shinforce.com/segacd/reviews/NightStriker-MCD-01.jpg[/thumbnail]
    [thumbnail]shinforce.com/segacd/reviews/NightStriker-MCD-02.jpg[/thumbnail]

Cyborg 009

Looks kind of like Mystic Defender

Devastator

Never hear of this one but it looks interesting.

2. Cyborg 009 is based off of an anime, IIRC.

Usually games like that don't turn out that well, so I'd do some research first
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    Annette Futatabi

The sequel to El Viento, only more like Streets of Rage in gameplay.
    I see Earnest Evans lurking in there. Brings back painful memories.

I hear Anet Futatabi and Cyborg 009 aren't that great but I still would like to try them.

I enjoyed Night Striker in the arcades but I'm guessing the 32-bit versions are better ports.

5. Night Striker rocks on the Saturn, so I'd say the Sega CD version may also be a safe bet- those pics don't look bad. The Zuntata soundtrack is one to die for.

6. That Devestator robot looks like a skinny version of the robot Santa on Futurama. Cyborg 009 looks neat.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. I have Devastator... It's a mediocre shooter with grainy anime FMV between levels.

8. Cyborg 009 is horrible, and will make you reconsider your hobby. On the upside, it spawned one of funniest Gamefan reviews that I can recall.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

9. I loved El Viento and Streets of Rage. So two great tastes? Whatever happened to Wolfteam anyway?

10. Quote Originally Posted by soundwave
    I loved El Viento and Streets of Rage. So two great tastes? Whatever happened to Wolfteam anyway?
    They were dissolved in October of 2002, and reformed into a new company known as Namco Tales Studios Ltd. They're more or less the same company, only now they're owned 60/40 by Namco and Telnet respectively as opposed to just Telnet. They're also pretty much devoted to the "Tales of" series now, but they pretty much had been since ToP came out anyway, with the exception of Cybernetic Empire.

The last game to feature the Wolfteam name on it was Tales of the World Narikiri Dungeons 2 for the GBA, I beleive, which they co-developed with Alfa System. The first they released with the new name was Tales of Symphonia.