Thread: What manga is this?

1. What manga is this?

I was looking around online and I can across this:

It definately looks like an older manga series, but I wanted to see if anyone could tell me the name of it and if the wolf is a main character in the series?

Thanks in advance

2. Hi ya Werewolf
    The Manga is called "The Vampires" by Tezuka Osamu (of astro boy fame)
    not only is that what it say in blue katakana but it say so in romaji at the bottom right too
    The story is the conflict between a small vampire tribe whose members transform into wolves , including the main boy character Toppei, and the human beings who try to oppress them.
    Hope this helps

I think theres a anime as well (so you might see some wolf tranformations)
    Now I'm off to play Viewtiful joe and drink warm beer!!!

here's another cover from the series
    Get ready for the mind fry!
    Lain
    Vs
    texhnolyze
    Vs
    Boogiepop Phantom

3. Cool, thanks for the info sounds like something I might have to get if I find them

I kind of thought it looked similar to Astro Boy in style now I know why

You wuouldn't happen to know if the manga and the animes where released in English do you?

Thanks for the help and the picture too

4. Quote Originally Posted by captainflimflam
    but it say so in romanji at the bottom right too
    Romanji...
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    You wuouldn't happen to know if the manga and the animes where released in English do you?
    I'm pretty sure that neither have made it into English.

Though, with the domestic anime/manga/game companies finally realizing the popularity of Tezuka's work in English-speaking regions (I think the Metropolis movie did it), I don't doubt that we will see this here eventually. Don't count on it being soon, though -- Tezuka has a massive library yet to be translated, and I don't think this was one of the more high profile titles.

6. Well I was able to pick up the first 3 volume of Vampire, though I'm not sure how many there are total... they are in Japanese but at least I can look at the pictures

I found another one which I really don't need help with the title ... but I was wondering if anyone knew if this was translated or whether it is a new or older manga?

The art looks like it might be something from the same person who does Macross... if not it does look a bit similar

I just found out there was an anime series for this

7. Quote Originally Posted by captainflimflam
    Hi ya Werewolf
    The Manga is called "The Vampires" by Tezuka Osamu (of astro boy fame)
    not only is that what it say in blue katakana but it say so in romaji at the bottom right too
    The story is the conflict between a small vampire tribe whose members transform into wolves , including the main boy character Toppei, and the human beings who try to oppress them.
    Hope this helps

I think theres a anime as well (so you might see some wolf tranformations)
    Now I'm off to play Viewtiful joe and drink warm beer!!!

here's another cover from the series
    Get ready for the mind fry!
    Lain
    Vs
    texhnolyze
    Vs
    Boogiepop Phantom