Thread: Review: Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2

1. Review: Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2

Despite some new bells and whistles, Mirra 2 needs more polish.

There were probably a lot of people who didn't know who Tony Hawk was before his first title <i>Tony Hawk's Pro Skater</i> hit the scene a few years ago. The same could be said for BMX legend Dave Mirra, whose own video game franchise began not too long <i>THPS</i> became a bona fide hit.

Well, here we are, and <i>Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2</i> is upon us. Like its predecessor, it borrows heavily from <i>Tony Hawk</i> in the sense that you're let loose upon a variety of different areas to trick off of everything from fences to train cars. Unfortunately, although <i>Dave Mirra 2</i> does have a good blueprint to follow, some things were evidently lost along the way.

Zip over to the full review, available <a href="http://www.the-nextlevel.com/reviews/xbox/davemirra2" target="top">here</a>

2. I can't say I agree with the review there. I think it's more a matter of personal taste. I was always more of a bike rider then skateboarder and I tend to like DM2 MUCH better then Tony Hawk 3. I know most people don't agree with that but oh well. I like the fact that when you crash you look like a crash test dummy. It lets you know you're really playing a videogame. I don't know about you but I like the fact that videogames aren't real. I think the more real games become the more boring they are. Compare Madden 94/Genesis with any of the football franchises today. Yeah the new ones look better but which one is more fun? For me it's the old Genny one. And don't forget the best multiplayer mode ever-Wipeout. I never laughed so god damn hard in my whole life. I say keep the DM franchise going in the direction it is. The slight pause between music tracks ( on the XBOX version only) is annoying.