Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Boy Camera as a webcam?

Game Boy Camera as a webcam?

I've seen GB Camera shots on the web before, but never really looked into how to do it.

Anyone here gotten it to work, or know of a place with a tutorial?

Yes I googled this first... so don't try to be witty.

2. http://www.4shadesofgray.com/

http://www.4shadesofgray.com/jan-mar_02.html

08 March, 2002
    Early morning. It's finally Friday. The boys are out of school today and Beckie is taking the day off, too. I may see about leaving work early.
    I get a request or two each week for information about the cable we use to get gameboy camera pictures from the gameboy camera to the computer.

It is made by Mad Catz who used to sell the cable on their website and then on Amazon. I think that they've stopped making it which would be logical since Nintendo stopped making the gameboy camera. For a while they would show up from time to time on ebay but it's been quite a while since I saw one there. However, through exhaustive research and tireless effort, I have located one online retailer (click on Mad Catz and then on Gameboy Colour) and an online wholesaler (click on Gameboy Colour) who appear to have the cable in stock. The wholesaler even has a Mad Catz Gameboy Camera Link troubleshooting/installation page. As the spelling of "Colour" and the au on the end of the retailer's url indicate, these places of business are physically located not in the United States. They're both in Australia. I haven't actually contacted either so I can't verify that the item is actually in stock. If anyone does successfully order one a cable from one of these (or any other) sources, please let me know. My good deed for the day has been done.

3. That's some wierd shit right there...

I have one of those cables... I could never get it working.

After looking around for a bit I found out I can use a Super Game Boy, a SNES, and a capture card.

Would have been nice to hook it up to my laptop though.

Anyone out there leet enough to hack something together? Matt?

5. Why do you want to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Icepick
    I have one of those cables... I could never get it working.
    It also fucked up the port settings on my 'puter. I just use my GameBoy Printer then scan them... but really...
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    Why do you want to do this?
    Because I like the lo-fi look of the GB Camera.

Also. The cable is only for picture transfer. I'm trying to use the camera as a webcam.

Trying to find a way to do this w/o using a SNES and a capture card.

Anyone?

8. Use an Eyetoy?

Yeah, I still use my GB Camera... I need to buy more printer paper, actually. I love that thing.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    Use an Eyetoy?

Yeah, because the Eyetoy and the Game Boy Camera look exactly the same.

Jackass.

I already have a nice webcam... thats not what I'm going for.