Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Rippers aren't working

1. CD Rippers aren't working

On to my third thread of the day...

I've downloaded and installed several Rippers in anticipation of getting an ipod semi-soon. None of them work. They all tell me that they fail to find any CD-ROM drives. I have a CD-ROM and a CD-RW drive so I don't know how this could be. I've screwed around in all of their help files and have gotten no where. This has become extremely vexing.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

2. if your using windows xp you need to install aspi drivers

3. I'm using Windows 98.

4. Winamp 5 (full version, which I'm sure you can find) includes ripping. So does MusicMatch Jukebox.

Try those.

5. yeah but the apps arent seeing his drives. i know whenever i had that problem (only in winxp tho) i needed to install the aspi layer. try "force aspi" and see if that does anything for ya.

6. I downloaded Music Match and it worked fine.

Odd.

Thanks.

7. 98 has aspi driver issues as well, certian programs install them over when you install them.

I wouldn't be suprised if the other rippers work fine now..

BTW: Musicmatch is teh suck, if you want the best sounding MP3s possible, get EAC and LAME

Your ears will thank you for it.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

8. Xbox 360 I

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    BTW: Musicmatch is teh suck, if you want the best sounding MP3s possible, get EAC and LAME
    Sure, the best sound MP3s possible.

But I encode in AAC with iTunes :p

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin
    Sure, the best sound MP3s possible.

But I encode in AAC with iTunes

Ive seen studies both ways, but they all tend to agree the higher bitrate VBRs sounds better than high-bitrate AAC files.

Lower bitrate AACs do sound better, but who wants low bitrate for anything other than a Flash based MP3 player?
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

10. 160kbps AAC files sound just excellent to me.

Even Winamp has switched to AAC as their default encoder.