Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $20 handling fee!?

1. Xbox $20 handling fee!?

It's time for E3, and that means it's time for an airplane ticket. After a bit of poking around I finally find something decent, but as it turns out there's no e-ticket option available. Anyone care to guess how much it costs to print out and mail the tickets? Come on, pretend you didn't read the thread title and take a stab at it.

Yep, it costs $20 to print out tickets and mail them. Let's see, that's $0.37 for the stamp, $1 (being kind and giving here) to print out the tickets and the envelope label, and $18.63 for the tip.

Maybe it comes with a tube of KY Jelly?

James

2. Quote Originally Posted by James
    To ease the pain of how badly you got fucked?

3. Bingo!

James

4. Quote Originally Posted by James
    It's time for E3, and that means it's time for an airplane ticket. After a bit of poking around I finally find something decent, but as it turns out there's no e-ticket option available. Anyone care to guess how much it costs to print out and mail the tickets? Come on, pretend you didn't read the thread title and take a stab at it.

Yep, it costs $20 to print out tickets and mail them. Let's see, that's $0.37 for the stamp, $1 (being kind and giving here) to print out the tickets and the envelope label, and $18.63 for the tip.

James
    I thought I told ya where to get your ticket from?

Expedia.com, nuff said. (no stupid fees either)

5. Just look at the extra bullshit they charge you for concert tickets. It's like paying black market prices even though you're buying them legit.

6. That was Expedia, and it turned out I already had an account there, too. The site itself was free but the handling charge for printing out physical tickets and mailing them was $20. I've done e-ticket before and it's worked fine but for some reason it just wasn't an option with these.

James

7. Printing is expensive. And they don't just factor in the costs needed. They want to make a profit to stay in business. They factor in the costs of rent, fuel, food, etc. and come up with a business plan that will keep them in business.

There's probably a 30% markup on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. That is nothing compared to the taxes and fees you pay for airfare these days, especially with all the increased security now.

9. Exactly. Not to mention that a lot of airlines are in financial trouble right now. It'll be even more expensive to get a good flight when there's not a lot of competition. Travelling through the air is expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Sure is. It's cheaper to go from Venzuela to Madrid that it is from San Juan to Houston. What the hell's up with that? When my wife and I went to Houston to see my dad a few years ago it was almost a grand for each ticket. That's just insane.

My dad did only pay $563 to come to PR last year. I can't wait to see his fare this time around.