Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo brings Kirby to the airwaves!

1. Nintendo brings Kirby to the airwaves!

Here's something to get all tinkled pink about.

Look out Pokemon, you're about to get some company. Nintendo has announced plans in conjunction with 4 Kids Entertainment to bring a Saturday morning cartoon starring the plush pink Kirby beginning on September 14.

Kirby, one of the most widely recognized video game characters in the world (and a personal favorite of Hero), has appeared in 15 Nintendo video games to date, including the popular acclaimed Gamecube title <i>Super Smash Bros. Melee</i>. Moreover, Nintendo will launch a new Kirby action game for Game Boy Advance this fall, and a Gamecube title is also in development.

In the Kirby cartoon series, the well-rounded video game character uses his famous copy ability to take what his opponents dish out and send it back at them. Kirby's unique power is the inspiration for the show's tagline "<b>Kirby: Right Back at Ya!</b>". During the course of the series, Kirby will be transformed into Fire Kirby, Sword Kirby, Block Kirby and more.

"Kirby's television debut marks the natural progression for a Nintendo character that has remained strong and popular around the world," says Gail Tilden, vice president, network marketing, Nintendo of America Inc. "4 Kids' new Saturday morning kids network on Fox, combined with their brand building and licensing expertise, make them the perfect partner for Kirby. We're tickled pink!"

2. Great! While I already knew that Kirby anime was coming, I'm glad that it's official now. At least it will make up for that stupid Pokemon cartoon.

3. Wait... Kirby IS a Pokemon!

4. Originally posted by Zerodash
    Wait... Kirby IS a Pokemon!
    No he isn't. For one thing, Kirby's vocabulary doesn't consist of repeating his name over and over again.

5. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Great! While I already knew that Kirby anime was coming, I'm glad that it's official now. At least it will make up for that stupid Pokemon cartoon.
    Bah!

I love me some Pokemon, and have nearly all the tapes!

Squirtle ownz, plain and simple. (Kirby is pretty cool too)

6. Pokemon is great, and the ep. of Kirby I saw was great too. I can't wait...

7. Respect the pink. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Originally posted by Kidnemo

I love me some Pokemon, and have nearly all the tapes!

Squirtle ownz, plain and simple. (Kirby is pretty cool too)
    I'm not ashamed to say I too liked the Pokemon cartoon and Squirtle is indeed grand.

Bring on Kirby.

9. I don't like Pokemon because it's too formulatic. It's the same thing with each episode.

10. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted
    It's the same thing with each episode.
    No it isn't.