Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GANTZ

1. WTF GANTZ

Today I was searching torrents and stumbled across a interesting preview for GANTZ. The seeders were gone so I couldn't get the file. So I did a little search about this to see if it was true.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a Blame!, Berserk, and GANTZ hardcore pump your fist in the air fan. I like to spread the word on these 3 like its a religion.

Heres a little info about GANTZ

GANTZ is a manga by Hiroya Oku. I think its the first digitally drawn manga I've seen. The art work is SO clean and crisp and very nice. But enough about that, now onto the story.

GANTZ is about some teens in highschool in Japan, on one bad day they are killed. Instead of going to the afterlife.....they appear in a tiny Japanese apartment with other random people. Even more odd is the fact they are given special suits, weapons and mission details from a black orb named "gantz". Then they are warped back into the city to fight a boss and gain points.

Sound odd? I personally love the manga and can't wait for more to be released all the time. I also would LOVE for it to come to the US.

Now back to the first story. I found the official site and also found a trailor for the upcoming anime. Looks DAMN great in its violent clean and action packed greatness. So click the link and check the world of GANTZ and the trailor.

GANTZ official site

2. Too much blood and gore for my taste, but looks interesting though along with the story.

3. I've been following the upcoming release of this series for a while... and it sounds/looks pretty sweet. Starts airing this month I believe.

Since I love Berserk and this looks to be up my alley, care to give me a brief synopsis on Blame! please?

Edit: I see there's a thread on it... let me check that instead

4. Yea if your even the least bit squimish, I'd avoid GANTZ. It has a pretty high action and gore factor.

I just found out that GONZO studio is handling the anime. This is looking even better for it coming to the U.S. I seriously doubt it'll be showing on any cable tv tho Mwahahahaha!......err least it better not cause I'll go in a RAGE with all they have to cut out.

5. Oh yes!!!
    I've been reading the (fan translated) manga up to Vol 3. Can't wait to see this story in motion. It looks like they're not shying away from the blood.
    Mine!!!!
    Get ready for the mind fry!
    Lain
    Vs
    texhnolyze
    Vs
    Boogiepop Phantom

6. I wonder if the wacky music on the trailor is the song the second enemies sing.

7. It's got such a nice buzz going for it already, I'm fairly sure it'll get picked up for the U.S.

And like you said, Gonzo is doing it and they're pretty well-known and liked over here in the states by anime fans... so I don't see any reason why someone won't localize this one.

8. I got ahold of some episodes of GANTZ finally. I've not got to watch em yet but I'm SUPER excited. I'll post some comments and maybe some pics....if I can take some that won't get me banned heh.

9. Even with six episodes out, I've heard it sucks arse compared to the manga. But, there are some decent or even great series that don't even pick up until the last fourth of it. Pass for now.

10. I've watched 3 episodes so far. I LOVE the opening song and other music in the episodes. The opening track is a Japanese drum n bass track that really pumps me up.

The first episode follows pretty closely to the manga. Now the second episode, I dunno if it was the subbing team or the episode itself. The whole thing just started cutting and skipping around and had me saying WTF!?! I also noticed a few minor changes. Then the third episode went back to being close to the manga again, with some minor edits.

So now I'm wondering it my episode 2 was just edited or the DL went bad.

So far I really like the anime, it has some cool camera tricks and animation. I really love the music and I find it hilarous at parts. I'll finish up the last two episodes of the first set later. I just got two new chapters of the manga too wahooO!

(edit)

Ok now i'm really mad! I just went back and watched the trailor on the gantz site. I'm now convinced that the fan sub group censored the living shit out of Gantz. WTF who the hell goes thru the trouble of fan subbing a anime and then goes and cuts, cover ups, and tones down the whole damn thing? Heres what I noticed wrong.

1. When people are bout to die or something brutal happen it cuts away.
    2. When people are transporting from the room, to the room or to the playing field, they covered up the gore warping.
    3. Them seem to cut out some nudity and also cover up nipples and such.
    4. They seemed to have just totally cut out the fight with the little onion kid. Then cut most of the fight with the big onion guy.

If they had of left it alone, the whole thing would of followed the manga almost to a T. Dammit I'm pissed!!!