Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sigs too Big

1. SF: Automatic? The board did that before? I don't think it can without extensive modding. It's probably not something cka wants to deal with.

voltz: Come on, it's not like they killed your dog. Dialup users are limited to 56kbps. You, as a broadband user, most likely have a minimum of 512kbps (downstream). Just because something loads quickly for you does not mean it will load quickly for those who do not for whatever reason have broadband access. I chose to ignore your attitude about this in PM, but this is getting kind of silly. Quit pouting like a spoiled brat and try being considerate of your fellow TNL users.

2. I have broadband, and still hate huge sig images.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    SF: Automatic? The board did that before? I don't think it can without extensive modding. It's probably not something cka wants to deal with.
    It sure did. It was a regular thing for a while before we went to VB3. That and you calling folks out about it.

Not taking a shot at you, but it was used before-and don't see why it couldn't be used again. Unless you want more threads like this one.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Seven Force
    It sure did. It was a regular thing for a while before we went to VB3. That and you calling folks out about it.

I can't remember that far back.

Not taking a shot at you, but it was used before-and don't see why it couldn't be used again. Unless you want more threads like this one.
    Not my department. Talk to cka.

5. Even though he just changed his sig and av, I believe that no one should ignore 7F's "art".

6. What I don't get it, is why the big issue is the astheic size when it really should be the physical size(ie X kilobytes) that cause problems for dialup users?

7. I wanted to post one of those mega cool stick figure animations in my sig, I suppose it's ok what with voltz sportin the 200+ sigs here and there and no one complains.

8. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    I wanted to post one of those mega cool stick figure animations in my sig, I suppose it's ok what with voltz sportin the 200+ sigs here and there and no one complains.
    You mean that jackie chan-esque kung fu stick figure fighting animations?

9. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    I wanted to post one of those mega cool stick figure animations in my sig, I suppose it's ok what with voltz sportin the 200+ sigs here and there and no one complains.
    No, they're not ok, and that's why voltz is pissed off. Please do not use sigs that are unreasonable to download for a dialup user. I believe anything 20K and below would be good -- 30K, max.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    No, they're not ok, and that's why voltz is pissed off. Please do not use sigs that are unreasonable to download for a dialup user. I believe anything 20K and below would be good -- 30K, max.
    was a joke. I got tired of them quick, and besides everyone's seen them. I would be the number one target of 56k users.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    You mean that jackie chan-esque kung fu stick figure fighting animations?
    I was talking about cool gif's in general but if I guess my favorite is the battle cake and Matrix ones.