Thread: I'm reformatting my hard-drive.

1. I'm reformatting my hard-drive.

The CPU is too slow and has too many fucking viruses (that, for the life of me, I can't get rid of).

Is there anything I should be aware of before I do shit?

2. Other than backup useful files, not really....

3. Nope, just put in the Windows disc and go.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Make sure you have the CD's for any programs you want. Also, make sure you have drivers for all of your hardware (especially any hardware you use to get online, since you can usually download any other drivers you need if you can make it online), and of course make sure you have your OS CD (So many times in the past I'm encountered people who don't have one).
    Taking it one day at a time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    The CPU is too slow and has too many fucking viruses (that, for the life of me, I can't get rid of).

Well, for one, when you do reformat, get a damn firewall and a virus protection program.

6. Got a spare harddrive handy for all your junk?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold

Don't forget to make sure you look in the hardware profile and make a detailed list all of your components (video card, soundcard, modemn, etc.) that way it'll be easier to find and reinstall drivers for them. Make sure to note the manufacturer and model.

8. Create a boot disk.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. Thanks y'all.

Almost forgot. If your running a WinNT based OS (2K or XP) get the latest service pack and the blaster worm patch at minimum so you won't have to download it and risk getting infected in the process.
    Taking it one day at a time.