Thread: need help

1. Yield need help

i am one of those people that stresses over every purchase. i am a family man so i try to be as strict with my gaming buys as can be. it just so happens that like many of you who bought the xbox at launch i got stuck with one of the horrid thompson drives, those that are prone to the dirty disc error. this is really more of an annoyance that a real problem as a few resets will remedy the issue, however this new halo xbox deal seems like a good way to be rid of the problem for good, plus it looks bitchin. the question i have is this: is there any known way to transfer the contents of one xbox hard drive to another? the memory card will only allow you to transfer certain files. this isnt a big deal for me aside from my phantasy star online save, which would be hard to part with. what about physically swapping one hard drive for another? has anyone tried this? i know i could just keep my current box and have 2, but it really doesnt seem pratical and i was hoping to sell or trade it in toward the price of the new. at any rate any feedback is very appreciated?

2. If you have the expertise to open up your drive and swap it, yah. The "real" experts will arrive here shortly and probably give you some pointers how too.