Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live action Witch Hunter Robin

1. Live action Witch Hunter Robin

Okay, I love the Witch Hunter Robin anime. Love it. And I hate the Sc-Fi channel. Hate it. I love sci-fi, but the Sci-Fi channel, with it's crappy ultra-low budget original movies and series, is the shittiest channel in existance.

Anyway, the aforementioned shitty Sci-Fi channel just announced that a live-action Witch Hunter Robin series is in the works. Ugh. How will they rape and destroy by beloved Robin? I mean, there's a SLIM chance this could be cool but come on, it's the Sci-Fi channel we're talking about here... *sob*

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/504/504934p1.html

Live Action Witch Hunter Robin Series A Go
    No details yet but the Sci Fi Channel confirms it's coming.

April 07, 2004 - The Sci Fi Channel has announced several of their new shows for 2004 and 2005 season, and among them is a live action version of the anime series Witch Hunter Robin.

The live action series was first rumored back in January and reported on several anime sites. True to the rumors, Roy Lee and Doug Davison - who did the American remake of the Japanese horror film Ringu -- will executive produce the TV series.

Also on board, as was rumored, is Joe Menosky, writer and producer for several Star Trek series, as a writer and executive producer of the series. The network said who will star in it or whether it will follow the premise of the original anime.

The series, centered around a 15-year-old girl and a group of witch hunters in modern day Japan, ran for 26 episodes in Japan. It has been airing on Cartoon Network's [Adult Swim] block of nighttime programming. Judging by the discussions on IGN's anime Insider board, it seems to be gaining popularity.

The fourth DVD in the series collection, Fugitive, is due April 27 from Bandai Entertainment.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Possibly. Or you may love it. It depends on what you think of Sci-Fi channel programming.

But...but how can you hate Robin?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Xbox 360 II

Y'now what the sad thing is? WHR could be a great live action is someone competent was doing it. To bad Sci-Fi got the rights.
    The only thing I believe in is burning passion.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Possibly. Or you may love it. It depends on what you think of Sci-Fi channel programming.

But...but how can you hate Robin?
    I dunno, man. While the episodes start to get better near the end, they completely drop the ball on the ending, AND it's boring as fuck. Just take last night's episode for instance.

"Oh, you're cleaning. Why are you cleaning?"

"Oh, sorry."

"Are you some kind of neat freak?"

"No, they were my chores at the monastery"

*look at each other for 7 fucking seconds*

Then they drink tea for 20 minutes, and fight the "witch" for about 10 seconds.

5. I had only seen that much of any of WHR, after seeing that I have NO desire to see any more of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz
    I dunno, man. While the episodes start to get better near the end, they completely drop the ball on the ending, AND it's boring as fuck. Just take last night's episode for instance.

"Oh, sorry."

That's primarily my problem with it. Even with action it still seems uneventful.

This Sci-Fi channel movie could be entertaining to watch though, I get a kick out of making fun of their shitty original series stuff.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ViciousJazz

"Oh, sorry."

I believe this quote. I really wanted to get into this show, but it's just boring. That's the only way to describe it. Lots of potential, but with what I watched it just didn't feel like it was worth sticking around for to see if something intersting or entertaining was going to happen.

8. Fucking ADD bitches, all of you.

9. Not a Witch Hunter Robin fan either, but I'll check out the live action series though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.