Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Official Thread

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Official Thread

Well, after waiting for what felt like FOREVER, Harry Potter 3 is finally near it's release date of June 4th.

Check out the new trailer here:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter-azkaban/

WOW!

This movie looks like it's going to be fantastic. I don't know how I feel about the new Dumbledore, but I'll get used to him. Snape looks extra bad ass, the kids all look grown up, Malfoy looks like a completely different person, we get to see a glimpse of what Trawlaney looks like too. And man oh man did that bit at the end make me happy. I can't wait to see this!

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by www.mugglenet.com
    ABC to air sneak peek of PoA
    On May 9, following the network television premiere of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, ABC, as part of an exclusive arrangement, will air a 10 minute Prisoner of Azkaban sneak peek!
    Merchandise:
    Posters:
    http://www.allposters.com/gallery.as...APNum%3D841430
    http://www.allposters.com/gallery.as...F-E56EC2F3DFA8
    (that one is really cool)

www.hottopic.com is selling a ton of Potter related shit as well.

Related links:
    http://www.hpana.com/
    www.mugglenet.com
    http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/
    http://www.acciofirebolt.com/ (very clever name)

In other HP movie news:

Dursleys dropped from fourth Potter film

The Dursleys have been dropped from the fourth Harry Potter film.

Richard Griffiths and Fiona Shaw, who play Harry's Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia are said to be stunned by the news they won't be returning for The Goblet of Fire.

Griffiths told the Daily Express: "Filming had already started on the fourth and Fiona and I asked the producers 'Are we in it?' and they said: 'Oh, did no one tell you?'

"The problem is that the fourth book is just too long for a film, so they've done away with our bit - where Harry is at home with the Dursleys - and will just begin with him at school."

Griffiths says he hopes there will be a fans' revolt. "I said to JK Rowling, 'Couldn't the Dursleys turn up to an Open Day at Harry's school or something?' but she said, 'I don't think so.'"
    http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...tainment.films

That really fucking sucks, since it eliminates one of my favorite scenes in the books when the Durlsleys meet the Weasleys,

2. i heart harry potter.)
    the trailer looks badass. at least, it did when i saw it in a theater. i'd comment on your post, but i've been ignoring everything else about the movie until it's released. because i'm a geek.

3. Well, I enjoyed first 2 Potter films, and will be seeing part 3 as well.

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    i heart harry potter.)
    the trailer looks badass. at least, it did when i saw it in a theater. i'd comment on your post, but i've been ignoring everything else about the movie until it's released. because i'm a geek.
    I thought about taking that same stance as you, and shut out all knowledge of the films, which is something I usually do with movies I'm looking foward to, but I made the exception with this one because I've already read the books and I know how everything turns out so I'm not too worried about spoilers.

5. The Prisoner is one of the best HP books to date, and it marks the series' upswing into the realms of a more adult type writing style by Miss Rowling. I can't wait to see this film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I thought about taking that same stance as you, and shut out all knowledge of the films, which is something I usually do with movies I'm looking foward to, but I made the exception with this one because I've already read the books and I know how everything turns out so I'm not too worried about spoilers.
    i read the books, too. still ignoring. me = hypergeek

7. When does the Year Six book come out? Any word on that from Rowling?

First time I saw the trailer and I must say that I'm impressed. The makeup for Gambon looks exactly like Richard Harris, the Dementors look incredible, and Trelawney is interesting even though she doesn't look like I'd imagined. I'm really looking forward to Sir Cadogan cussing Harry out, too.

Aside from all the silly usual complaints, I think Rowling is making the series pretty decent. I didn't like the first three books, but Goblet and Phoenix were successively better. It'll be interesting to see if she has Dumbledore die in the sixth book and what will happen to Hogwarts.

EDIT: It doesn't list Cho Chang in the characters. Doesn't she show up in this film?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    EDIT: It doesn't list Cho Chang in the characters. Doesn't she show up in this film?
    I don't think Cho shows up until book four.

Azkaban is light years better than the first two books in the series, so I expect the film to be light years better as well.

Ditto everything that's been said in this thread so far. Trelawney looks hilarious, and Michael Gambon looks great as Dumbledore. I'm sorry the trailers didn't show too much of Lupin, although I suppose they didn't want to spoil too much.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    When does the Year Six book come out? Any word on that from Rowling?

First time I saw the trailer and I must say that I'm impressed. The makeup for Gambon looks exactly like Richard Harris, the Dementors look incredible, and Trelawney is interesting even though she doesn't look like I'd imagined. I'm really looking forward to Sir Cadogan cussing Harry out, too.

Aside from all the silly usual complaints, I think Rowling is making the series pretty decent. I didn't like the first three books, but Goblet and Phoenix were successively better. It'll be interesting to see if she has Dumbledore die in the sixth book and what will happen to Hogwarts.

Rowling is writing book 6 now, and is taken her sweet time doing so. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. And they held Cho Chang auditions for GoF a few months ago, so she isn't going appear in this one. Although, wasn't she in part 3? Didn't Harry play against her in Quidditch? Doesn't really matter though, she doesn't come into play until book 4.

10. Azkaban is my favorite book so far, and the trailer looks awesome. Chris Colubus has said he's scene the latest cut and loves it, so I think this one will be the best one yet. It could be total garbage and i'd see it anyway, but that's beside the point.

And I think Cho Chang was introduced in this one.