For avid <i>Ghost Recon</i> fans who've braved the storm and war-torn islands, get ready for a new adventure this holiday season. Announcing <b>Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2</b>, the highly anticipated sequel to the critically-acclaimed series, Ubisoft expects the game to redefine the military shooter genre.

Developed by Red Storm, the original architects of the <i>Ghost Recon</i> series, players will be put in command of an elite squad thrust into a tense political situation in East Asia. To achieve an immersive, dynamic war experience, the sequel will give players an "insider's view" of the way large-scale conflicts will be fought in the immediate future. (More information will be released at a future date). Furthermore, <i>Ghost Recon 2</i> will offer a much greater intensity, featuring a host of new incredible features which Ubisoft comments will make the player feel like "you are the hero of a near-future war movie".

We'll have more information once we're camped out at Ubisoft's booth. <i>Ghost Recon 2</i> is scheduled for a multi-platform and PC release this holiday season.