Thread: Saturn Region Mod

1. Saturn Region Mod

All of the directions I find online for the saturn region mod are of the 3 country type, including the 50/60hz option. I am only interested in USA/JP mod, so will a dpdt switch suffice?
    steam: Mrs Esterhouse

2. why not just get an action reply 4m plus it lets you play japan or us games
    it acts as the 4 meg ram cart and the 4 meg back up save cart all in one

and you can buy them new i beleive from nsx or nsc or what ever that import place everyone from here buys from

i think they have them for like 30 bucks

3. Originally posted by Johnpv
    why not just get an action reply 4m plus it lets you play japan or us games
    it acts as the 4 meg ram cart and the 4 meg back up save cart all in one
    i bought one of those and it completely broke within three months. lost all of my savegames and the ram pack didn't work either. i'm much happier with the sega memory cartridge. it can be found on ncs for $40. you'll have to buy the ram pack seperately, but this option is much safer, as third party memory cards are almost always terrible. also, the sega memory card integrates with the saturn os, while the action replay cartridge doesn't.

as for the region switching, i would recommend a us/jpn switch, like the one ncs installs.

4. the 4 in 1 cart is okay, it has some problems with some games and isnt that reliable. I would rather have a switch, and the procedure seems simple enough.
    steam: Mrs Esterhouse

5. The switch I prefer - it lets you play KOF 95, too, which is a nice bonus. Mine's a simple JP/US one.

6. I actually moded mine and prefer it to the cart solution. I actually made a little business of it during college =) I say go with the mod.

7. I modded my own too, it fairly easy if you know what youre doing.
    TeamGO!
    Project Raven Discussion
    http://pub66.ezboard.com/bteamgo
    Come sign up on TeamGo's boards. Express what you think TeamGo's game should be like.