Thread: problems with audio...

1. problems with audio...

Well, i'm playing a song in Winamp or playing counterstrike, and all of a sudden my sound cuts out! The only way i have found to get it to play again is to restart my computer, and that is getting quite annoying. When i start playing a song in Winamp, it's not that it plays and i can't hear it, it's just like it tries to open it but fails to do so.
    Please help if at all possible!

2. Possibly a resource conflict, like weird IRQs, DMA channels or something. Also could be a short in your audio cable or bad sound drivers reacting to something else in your machine.

Try checking the cable or replacing it, upgrading the drivers or changing the slot the sound card is in (if it's not embedded).

3. Ugh, i just don't know what to do, i've done pretty much everything i can think of, and i would try messing with the card but it's integrated. I'll try updating the drivers and see what that does.

Thanks..

Wow, very odd, i didn't check up on this before but i can open and play songs in windows media payer. But still no sound in counterstrike.