Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Video Card Recommendations

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Hmmmm... that's interesting, since Best Buy has the 9600 SE for only 99.99 right now.

But does anyone have any details on when the new nVidia cards are supposed to hit stores?

I must say I'm leaning pretty heavily towards this guy at the moment:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...102-326&depa=1

Yeah, I messed up. I meant 9600 Pro, not SE

2. 5900 XT.

It's OVERCLOCKED!

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. Now if only newegg could drive somebody out to my place to give me that card now!

I want to play Far Cry.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Well I ordered the Sapphire 9600XT for $153 from Newegg. It's a bit more then I wanted to spend but hopefully it'll cut it for quite a while.
    Well worth the money, good choice.

5. Kano, how is the image quality of the 5900 XT?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Ummm, the 9500 Pro still holds its own now... I haven't run into a game yet that has kicked its ass. I think it's more of a little train that could, seeing as how it's supposedly two generations behind.

This is w/o overclocking, mind you. People can make the 9500 Pro = 9700 Pro with a bit of work.
    I mean, the thing is holding it's own fom a high end card perspective, but as a budge card, 9500 pro does own..

Best card available now for stand settings= 962.5
    Best Nvidia card= 959.7
    9700 pro = 890.3
    9500 pro = 713.2

Best card for enhanced settings: 214.4
    Best NVidia card= 144.5
    9700 pro = 177.3
    9500 pro = 121.2