Thread: AC adapter inquiry

1. AC adapter inquiry

Well I bought a used NES on Ebay and it came with a SNES AC adapter that isn't compatible. The only thing I have that fits are the Jaguar AC adapters. I am worried that it might fry the NES. Anyone have any experience with interchangeable adapters for the NES? Thanks

2. I'd check the power rating on both the NES and the Jaguar AC Adapter. Very likely they are not the same and will blow up your NES. You could order an AC Adapter off of Nintendo if they have them.

3. It works! I did some searching on the internet and found this http://www.sell.com/2DF26 and it described the Jag ac adapter was compatible so I gave it a shot and sure enough works great.

If you've got the original model of Genesis or Sega CD those adapters will work also.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. The NES is very forgiving when it comes to a power source, unlike many other consoles, the input of the NES has a bridge retificter on it first so it can take AC, or either plug polarity... Ive seen them run happly on anything from 9 to 12 volts as well.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin