Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waking Life

1. There is nothing revolutionary about the animation. It is called Rotoscoping (animating over live action film), and was pioneered by Ralph Bakshi (the first Lotr movie, American Pop) back in the 70's (I think, maybe earlier). I first seen that floaty rotoscoping they use in the movie a few years back on MTV when they had little odd ads back then. You can see some nice rotoscoping in Zero Seven and Spoon's new music videos. Not that this takes away anything from Waking Life, it was really cool to use this technique for a full film with Slacker as the basis.
    pwned by Ivan

2. Originally posted by Green
    There is nothing revolutionary about the animation. It is called Rotoscoping (animating over live action film), and was pioneered by Ralph Bakshi (the first Lotr movie, American Pop) back in the 70's (I think, maybe earlier). I first seen that floaty rotoscoping they use in the movie a few years back on MTV when they had little odd ads back then. You can see some nice rotoscoping in Zero Seven and Spoon's new music videos. Not that this takes away anything from Waking Life, it was really cool to use this technique for a full film with Slacker as the basis.
    If it was directed to me, I never said the animation was revolutionary. Just very unique. And I saw the MV of Zero Seven a couple weeks ago, kinda figured thats how Waking Life would look. And I will check out Slackers next.

Kinopio, who's your fav Wu-Tang member?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. The same director is working on his next film, but it's gonna take him twelve years to finish. Read more about it here.

4. Originally posted by Klonoa

Kinopio, who's your fav Wu-Tang member?
    RZA, with 'deck in a distant second. the guy is just so talented, and i really dig his style. he is my favorite artist in the music industry right now, period.

Glad you really dug waking life. you should check out "Before Sunrise". the conversation between ethan hawke and july delpy that takes place in Waking Life is actually a continuation of a conversation between those 2 in Before Sunrise. THey are similar films in a lot of ways.

5. Originally posted by APC
    The same director is working on his next film, but it's gonna take him twelve years to finish. Read more about it here.
    what a cool idea. its gonna be tough to do though. what if the kid dies or decides to quit?

6. Originally posted by Kinopio

RZA, with 'deck in a distant second. the guy is just so talented, and i really dig his style. he is my favorite artist in the music industry right now, period.
    nice choice, talented indeed. My fav is Genius/GZA. First solo album I got was Liquid Swords, and I still listen to it. Rebel is a distant 2nd as well.

My love for the WU has diminished somewhat over the years. Don't listen to anything new nowadays, I still listen to the old stuff (same goes for every genre).

I'll definitely check out Before Sunrise along with Slackers.

Originally posted by APC
    The same director is working on his next film, but it's gonna take him twelve years to finish. Read more about it here.
    now thats what I call ambitious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.