Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waking Life

1. Waking Life

The film i've been raving about for months finally came out on DVD on tuesday. anyone see it yet?

I really think that its one of the best films out there, its just so beautiful, different and thought-provoking. if you are at all interested in the art of cinema, you must see this film.

2. Yes, you should all see it. Have you seen Slacker, Kinopio?

3. i bought it today. I'll post up my thoughts after i watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Originally posted by Green
    Yes, you should all see it. Have you seen Slacker, Kinopio?
    I haven't, actually, though I plan to very soon. of Linklater's films, i've seen Tape, Dazed and confused, waking life, & before sunrise. so slacker is definitley next on my list.

5. Though I haven't seen Slacker in a while, I liked it better than Waking Life. This may be due to the conditions I seen Waking Life in (crappy theatre), but I'll see it again on dvd to make my mind up.

6. Originally posted by Klonoa
    i bought it today. I'll post up my thoughts after i watch it.
    well?!?

7. Originally posted by Kinopio

well?!?
    hehe, still haven't seen it, kinda busy, but I'm definitely watching it tomorrow.
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Sounds interesting I also plan on checking it out in the near future!

Korian

9. It's on my to see list. I'll be back.

D

10. um...wow

WOW. First I want to talk about the animation style. Truly unique, never seen anything like it. Safe to say its a visual masterpiece.

This movie really got my brain crank'n. Really challenges the brain about one's perspective on life.

I wonder if all those tips the main character recieved about dreams (light switches, etc) are true. There were some cool ideas, like how time is really a way of distancing yourself away from God and inevitably be one with eternity.

The conversation he had with that guy about controlling one's dream took my interest up a notch. It would be cool if I could realize I'm dreaming right from the get-go, but unfortunately every time I have a dream, the second I realize I'm dreaming, I wake up. That really really sucks.

BTW.the DVD extras are top notch, very pleased with how many special features they added. The live action movie was very nice (wish they showed the girl he kissed).

if you are at all interested in the art of cinema, you must see this film.
    agreed, its truly a work of art. Nothing else really comes close in terms of artistic cinema,