Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what extensions should I look out for?

1. So what extensions should I look out for?

I recently got an email with an bc.scr attachment. It had the ganda virus on it(it disable other antivirus software and protects itself).

So what extensions should I look out for?

I know to never open pif, exe, bat and now scr files. Anything else?

I used f-secure anti virus software. I might stick to this one rather than norton since it seems useless and viruses are targetting it.

2. Don't open any damn attachment unless it's .txt.

lithium Guest
    .vbs

4. Don't open any attachment's whatsoever unless you're absolutely sure what they are. Plain and simple.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Just don't open attachments. If it's text, the can paste it in the e-mail. If they don't know how to paste it into the e-mail, they're not worth knowing.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Don't open any attachment's whatsoever unless you're absolutely sure what they are. Plain and simple.
    i will never fathom whay people cant undertsand this simple rule.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Just don't open attachments. If it's text, the can paste it in the e-mail. If they don't know how to paste it into the e-mail, they're not worth knowing.
    Bingo.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Just don't open attachments. If it's text, the can paste it in the e-mail. If they don't know how to paste it into the e-mail, they're not worth knowing.
    I agree with your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter..

Im still amazed these days the amount of stuff I do for work that requires me to send .xls files as attachments, Ive been screaming up and down at the people in charge but its like i'm talking to a brick wall..
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    Im still amazed these days the amount of stuff I do for work that requires me to send .xls files as attachments, Ive been screaming up and down at the people in charge but its like i'm talking to a brick wall..
    That is the thing. My parents constantly send .xls files and many other files as attacthments.

10. Tell them not to.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.