Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3: News and info thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    The title says Transformers, but everything on the page is about Danny the Dog. Am I missing something here?
    It works fine for me, but they seem to be talking about a G.I Joe movie
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. I hope they go back to Transformers G1 instead of this powerlink anime shit. As for X-men 3, I hope they show sentinels.

3. Some more news from Sci Fi wire

X-Men 3 To Shoot In 2005
    X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner told SCI FI Wire that a third movie in the Marvel Comics franchise is slated to begin filming in Vancouver, B.C., in June 2005, with a release date of May 2, 2006. "I just had a conversation with [director] Bryan [Singer] today," Shuler Donner said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Los Angeles on May 5. "We just started to talk about what the possibilities are. We're pretty sure Wolverine's going to come back."

Shuler Donner added that she's going to push to add the new mutants Gambit and Beast this time around. "I'm dying to put Beast in," Shuler Donner said. "I tried to get Beast in the first one and the second one, but it was always too expensive. So, yeah, I'm really dying to get Beast in, and I'd love to get Gambit in, because he's such a cool guy. And there's some really good casting ideas for Gambit." She declined to say who was up for the role.

As for Halle Berry—the Oscar-winning actress who has said she's reluctant to return unless her character, Storm, has a lot more to do—Shuler Donner said, "I certainly hope so, because I love working with her. ... We would only write a big huge role for her, so she's right in that respect, and we would make sure that that would happen."

And Shuler Donner confirmed that the third movie will deal, at least in part, with the Dark Phoenix storyline that was planted in the second X-Men movie, X2. "We will follow it through in some respect, absolutely, yes," she said. "And we love Famke [Janssen] anyway, so, yeah. Well, she's Dark Phoenix. She's Jean Grey." The producer added that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris, who wrote the second film, will pen the third installment.
    She's pushing for Beast, Gambit AND Phoenix fucking a.

4. fucking a?

It sounds good. I though they were filming later this year with the release slated for May 2005?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Looking more and more like 3 and 4 will be shot together-
    http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17581
    pwned by Ivan

6. The only thing I'm worried about aside from the story is the budget. The amount of things like the CG effects, makeup/prosthetics on Beast and others, the Sentinels if included, the Danger Room(put it in for fucks sake they constructed it and had to deconstruct it) are huge and if done well would help a huge amount.

If the Matrix sequels could do the shit they did then I want the X-movies to push the limit too.

7. Matrix had huge budgets though. X-Men has moderately high budgets. Shooting them back to back is a great way of saving some cash.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. what i'd like to see in the next x-men movie would be the freaking sentinals...that would be really cool

9. Quote Originally Posted by sunshine
    Matrix had huge budgets though. X-Men has moderately high budgets. Shooting them back to back is a great way of saving some cash.
    That's definitely a benefit of back to back shooting. It seems to keep some movies consistent in style as well.

10. LotR's are so consistently awesome because the actors pledged so much time of 5 years to them. Everything was handled with care and the process overtook all the films. It makes me wish X1 and 2 were filmed back to back. Plus once Jackman is done with this musical play stuff he'll be able to keep his head in the Wolverine character. He said he pushed the director to make Wolverine vicious in the mansion scene and I'm glad he did.

The last thing we need is a pussy wolverine representing the character on screen and I hope he takes more interest in the character for 3 and 4 as well just so it doesn't go soft in some areas.