Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3: News and info thread

1. I'm taking this as a complete rumor right now, but...

About a month ago, Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind Joss Whedon publicly declared an interest in taking on the next X-Men movie now that Bryan Singer has traded mutants for a cape and a big "S". Was someone at Fox listening?

If the industry newscatcher Production Weekly is to be believed (and I’m told they’re rarely wrong, if ever), ears were indeed open, and wise decisions were made. According to them, Whedon is onboard to direct X3, with the production gearing up in Vancouver next June.
    http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=6455
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. That would be pretty cool since he's writing one of the best X-Books right now but I'm not sure if he can handle directing a big budget movie with the same dark tone the first films had.

3. Bring on the fucking Sentinels already.
    They were supposed to be in X2 but they were cut. Here are some pics of the hollowed out maquette/model that they wanted to use for the Sentinel

I like it’s design, if only it were bigger but it retains a menacing quality to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I thought Halle sucked cock as Storm. Angela Basset was always my choice. Someone stronger looking, more...I dunno, more regal. Angela would have been perfect.
    At this point the only person I can see for the role of Storm is Nona Gaye who played Zee in Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.

Last edited by Will; 10 Sep 2004 at 02:51 AM.

4. Hello Storm!

5. Storm sure does like showing off the goods.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    That would be pretty cool since he's writing one of the best X-Books right now but I'm not sure if he can handle directing a big budget movie with the same dark tone the first films had.
    We'll see how he handles the big screen Firefly movie. I fully expect that to have a dark tone to it bit it's at least half the budget (probably less) of something like X-men.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. Sentinel designs...interesting. Were they supposed to be human-sized? I hope not, they're supposed to be, like, 20 feet tall.

But what's with it transforming into a disc? For transport? For rolling over enemies? For playing frisbee?

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    At this point the only person I can see for the role of Storm is Nona Gaye who played Zee in Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.
    Not bad.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno G
    We'll see how he handles the big screen Firefly movie. I fully expect that to have a dark tone to it bit it's at least half the budget (probably less) of something like X-men.
    I'll definitely give him props for writing the rough draft of the first movie's script and putting in some good lines. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Sentinel designs...interesting. Were they supposed to be human-sized? I hope not, they're supposed to be, like, 20 feet tall.

But what's with it transforming into a disc? For transport? For rolling over enemies? For playing frisbee?
    I'm not exactly sure although I vaguely recall of it possible being a bit bigger than humans like around 7-8 feet high. Not sure why it rolls into a ball either, it seems too 'Star Wars Droid to me'. They were supposed to be tossed out of choppers or some type of Sentinel carrier to drop on certain areas as well as being easier to store more of them.

I personally don't see how the fuck that transformation works even with the pics. Nice design though.

9. In the Fox cartoon the Sentinals were freaking huge. They made their first appearance by crashing through the walls of a mall. They were at least tall enough to see the second floor iirc.

10. It's been announced that X-Men 3's director will be a guy named Matthew Vaughn, director of some movie called LAYER CAKE. X2's screenwriter, Zak Penn, wrote the script for 3 as well.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19635

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww