Page 1 of 82 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3: News and info thread

1. X-Men 3: News and info thread

Ripped straight from the comicscontinuum:

JAMES MARSDEN TALKS X-MEN MOVIES

James Marsden, who played Cyclops in the X-Men movies, said he hopes the third movie can continue the series' momentum.

"The biggest challenge in the first X-Men film was getting everybody introduced and all that exposition involved," Marsden said during his recent appearance at Wizard World Los Angeles, "for all those people who didn't know who the X-Men are and what kind of powers they have.

"Once we got that out of the way, we would have a little more fun and more action. Hopefully, that will snowball into the third and fourth or fifth or however many of these films we do."

"Part of the magic of something like this is having two people with extraordinary powers going at each other," added executive producer Tom DeSanto.

DeSanto and screenwriter Michael Dougherty joined Marsden for a lively question-and-answer session during the convention two weeks ago.

DeSanto said a third X-Men movie is in the very early stages.

"Fox is very hard at work trying to get contracts so we can all get back into the trenches and hopefully get the movie out within the next couple of years."

DeSanto said the goal is to shoot in 2005 for a 2006 release.

"That way, it's sort of following the pattern," DeSanto said. "I know there's reports online about 2005, but I don't know who's working on that movie."

Other highlights from the panel:

* Marsden said he felt "a tremendous responsibility" to get his character right for comics fans.

"I thought, 'Let's stay true to the comic book and true to the character,'" he said. "So I read a bunch of the comic books. (Director) Bryan Singer said, 'Check out the character and check out the issues, but don't get locked into it. Let the script be your comic book, your guide.'"

Marsden noted the cast became avid readers of the source material.

"When Bryan told Famke (Janssen, who plays Jean Grey) that her character was going to die, she said, 'Cool, so I get to come back as Phoenix,'" Marsden said.

* Marsden said the most difficult part of playing Cyclops was having his eyes covered. "As an actor, you always rely on your eyes, so I had that hanidcap," he said.

* According to Dougherty, every time Cyclops fired an optic blast on screen, it cost $13,000.

* Marsden on Hugh Jackman's Wolverine: "Hugh Jackman is one of the nicest men out there and the transformation that takes place between Hugh Jackman and Wolverine is phenomenal. It's like, where are these demons coming from?"

* Dougherty on the next story: "There's a thumbnail plan, but whether that happens, we'll just wait and see."

* Marsden said he still intends to star in a Preacher movie, although it's still speculative when it might go before the cameras.

Marsden said the current challenge for the filmmakers is funding.

"My agent got in touch with Rachel Talladay (director) last week, and they said, 'We're still on track. We're getting our stuff together and we're going to try to film this summer.'

"I kind of want to wait one more year, so I can become even more kind of weathered with a couple of extra wrinkles."

Marsden admitted that for hardcore Preacher fans it's "a challenging idea" to see him in the lead role.

"If there was ever role that I wanted to do some method acting, that's the role," he said.

"I went out and I got a couple of the graphic novels, and I was just captivated," he said. "It was some of the best writing I've ever read. The issues that it challeges. I just found it an amazing piece of literature."

* DeSanto said that an announcement should be made soon regarding the Transformers movie that he is producing. "I promise all the Transformers fans, it's in good hands," he said.

* DeSanto on reports that it's unlikely Halle Berry will return as Storm: "Halle's part of the family. She's Storm. She's been there since Day One. She's a great person and brings a lot to the role. My vote would be if we can't bring back someone from the cast, we just don't bring back the character."
    It's cool James read the comics to get some info on the character. Not many actors really care all that much for the source material. I really hope they use him more in the first and have more of a commanding role with more action and field experience he learned over the years.

That $13,000 per optic blast is pretty expensive Damn.

I liked the Storm character and I still think Halle didn't do her justice, they definitely should have used another actress for her. Anyway, one less X-Man paves the way for another one hopefully Beast and Gambit.

Fuck all the X-men shit, I want to know more about that TRANSFORMERS MOVIE

3. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    Fuck all the X-men shit, I want to know more about that TRANSFORMERS MOVIE
    Best info and updates are here:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../21/12.00.film

I had an yahoo movies link but I think they fucked up the update site since its been replaced with Danny the dog info. I do have links to this page that has 2 vids of some guy who made these awesome transforming TF's using his own software.

4. wow.....a whole bunch of words but nothing really said.
    transformers movie!? interest picqued!

5. But, you know, you need CGI. ... You will believe that an 18-wheeler will transform."
    Heh. Found that last line funny for some reason.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Colossus needs more screen time in 3
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    The title says Transformers, but everything on the page is about Danny the Dog. Am I missing something here?

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    The title says Transformers, but everything on the page is about Danny the Dog. Am I missing something here?
    Yeah I updated my post, for some reason it's like that but when I was viewing it last night it was fine. I'll look for another site about it.

9. I hope they do the Legacy Virus. That could be one interesting movie... and would also spell death for some of our favorite mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    I liked the Storm character and I still think Halle didn't do her justice, they definitely should have used another actress for her. Anyway, one less X-Man paves the way for another one hopefully Beast and Gambit.
    I thought Halle sucked cock as Storm. Angela Basset was always my choice. Someone stronger looking, more...I dunno, more regal. Angela would have been perfect.

And ditto on Gambit and Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    Colossus needs more screen time in 3
    Yes. His little scene in X2 rocked.

Bring on the fucking Sentinels already.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww