Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP release pushed back to June

1. PSP release pushed back to June

- UNCONFIRMED: Bobby Kotick, the CEO of Activision, commented that the US launch of Sony PSP will be pushed back further from the first quarter of 2005 to June 2005.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Hah, way to fucking go Sony.

Also:

N I N T E N D O D S

- Nintendo is planning to launch the Nintendo DS in several colors, similar to the launch of GameBoy Advance

Good to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Or perhaps he's a gay stalker, and longs to rub your used toilet paper all over his nipples.

2. Oh noes... delayed a few months!!!

... what's the big deal again? It happens.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Nintendo gets a head-start in a market it is absolutely dominant in.

Aside from that, nothing much.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Hopefully the head start Nintendo is getting, will force Sony to drop the price of the psp.

5. They arent even really competitors. They're clearly going for different markets - Nintendo is going after the GameCube/GBA crowd, Sony is going after the PS2/tech-geek crowd, and the game lineup is vastly different, and the systems have wildly different capabilities, etc. Plus, Nintendo is already lining up GBA2 in 2006, so one could say that the DS is just a stopgap between the GBA and GBA2, while Sony is obviously pushing PSP hard.

6. I'll believe Activision over Sony, it's the smart thing to do!

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    They arent even really competitors. They're clearly going for different markets - Nintendo is going after the GameCube/GBA crowd, Sony is going after the PS2/tech-geek crowd, and the game lineup is vastly different, and the systems have wildly different capabilities, etc. Plus, Nintendo is already lining up GBA2 in 2006, so one could say that the DS is just a stopgap between the GBA and GBA2, while Sony is obviously pushing PSP hard.
    I'd say that the DS hits more with the tech-geek crowd given its expanded capabilities over the PSP. And what's this GBA2 news all about? You have any links that could explain this a bit?

8. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    You have any links that could explain this a bit?
    No. It was posted here on TNL a few months back. I dont read game sites, I get all the news from what people post links to here.

I'd say that the DS hits more with the tech-geek crowd given its expanded capabilities over the PSP.
    Uhh... what?

9. There's no timeframe given for the next GameBoy... it really depends on's how well DS does in the market. I doubt we'll see a new GB anyway until Nintendo can get a PSP level machine priced under $99 retail...

Yeah, the next Game Boy can't be 2D anymore, not after the DS and PSP debut D=

That's a little sad.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery