Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The TNL cover-up policy

1. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I moved it. Read the responses and figure out why.
    I can't view what thread that was, and I'm sure you did what you thought was a good solution to the problem but... if the thread and the starting post are not to a point where they are going to get these responses then it is a shame when it does.

What I'm getting at if it's not a topic that is trying to encite those kind of responses then it shouldn't be moved when others take it upon themselves to post those comments which have no place there to begin with.

2. Blame the people that make those responses, not the people that have to clean it up.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    Blame the people that make those responses, not the people that have to clean it up.
    Hence the taking care of the problem before one fixes the result, if a pipe burst in the wall would you replace the damaged sheatrock before repairing the pipe?... the pipe is still leaking and is going to damage the wall again unless you take care of the pipe first.

I'm not blaming the mods for what others do, that is no ones fault but their own.

4. Eh well, banning apparently doesn't work (seeing as people still post things that purposefully attack others and derail threads) so I'm not sure what you want us to do short of closing off all the forums that aren't solely dedicated to gaming.

5. I blame Jesus.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Banning in my opinion should be left if there is no other option, I don't like to see members get banned with the exception of those who register and do nothing but that... even those who seem offend others don't do it nonstop from what I see, if they are even some what decent and don't step to far over the line of course.

But I don't see how banning wouldn't work if it had to come down to that, other boards I know of do this (some overly strict in my opinion) and it works just fine, it's a pain to ban someone therefore I don't like it myself if it can be avoided... warnings and limitations are more acceptible but only when they are necessary.

7. You know what would fix all of the problems around here?

Making me commisioner of TNL.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. I pronounce you commissioner for a day.

Give me power over who lives, and who dies!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Give me power over who lives, and who dies!
    You can man the mops!