Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The TNL cover-up policy

1. The stuff moderators do to make the board run smoothly is for the most part invisible and unrewarded. If I had a dime for every time I split a thread painstakingly to avoid having to toss the whole thing in fight club.

A lot goes on that people don't see and that nobody thanks anybody for. If a specific thread gets ruined and tossed to fight club, and you don't agree with it, tell a mod. Tell me, I'm always around. I'll always be more than happy to oblige to the best of my ability.

2. True, we don't get to see you bitch and beg to have me banned for every miniscule infraction, real or imagined, such as wanting to ban me for using Nadsat for all of 2 days.

I think what Werewolf really wants are public bannings. TNL needs to build a little wooden box, with a big red switch/button on it. Then do live streaming video of it when they ban someone.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    The stuff moderators do to make the board run smoothly is for the most part invisible and unrewarded. If I had a dime for every time I split a thread painstakingly to avoid having to toss the whole thing in fight club.

A lot goes on that people don't see and that nobody thanks anybody for. If a specific thread gets ruined and tossed to fight club, and you don't agree with it, tell a mod. Tell me, I'm always around. I'll always be more than happy to oblige to the best of my ability.
    You know I really never gave that aspect as much thought as I should’ve, being a moderator is quite a bit of work especially on more active forums such as TNL where some of us might notice some things but the vast majority of their work is taken for granted. I do apologize if I sounded like I didn’t appreciate what work you do, even if I can’t fully understand how much time and effort is put into the upkeep of the boards I do appreciate it even though I may complain from time to time

5. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    True, we don't get to see you bitch and beg to have me banned for every miniscule infraction, real or imagined, such as wanting to ban me for using Nadsat for all of 2 days.
    You have quite an inflated view of how often I (and others) think of you.

And what is nadsat?

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    You know I really never gave that aspect as much thought as I should’ve, being a moderator is quite a bit of work especially on more active forums such as TNL where some of us might notice some things but the vast majority of their work is taken for granted. I do apologize if I sounded like I didn’t appreciate what work you do, even if I can’t fully understand how much time and effort is put into the upkeep of the boards I do appreciate it even though I may complain from time to time
    It's not really THAT much work. Sorry if it sounded like I was fishing for acknowledgment. It's just that it's all done behind the scenes. You didn't offend anyone.