Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up Klonoa 2....

1. Just picked up Klonoa 2....

I just got this great game yesterday. Gamestop finally lowered the price and I just happened to be in the neighborhood.

I love the style of this game. Sure, cel-shading is overused, but this game pulls it off nicely. The graphics are top-notch, and the music is very pleasing to the ear. The gameplay is simple, but not simplistic, IMO. You can pull off some nice moves with that double jump, and the environments are cool and interesting to explore.

My only gripe so far (it's a small one) is that the game seems a bit on the easy side. That's no biggie, as I'm very much into Klonoa right now and plan to be for a while.

all in all, a great purchase, I'd say.

2. i didn't realize they used cel-shading for klonoa 2.. i thought it was in the same graphical style as the original klonoa..

but i loved the original and have yet to try part 2..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

3. Klonoa 2 was one of three games I initially bought my PS2 for (DMC & Ico were the others), and I still think it's a gorgeous, super-fun platformer. It's not quite as classic IMO as Door to Phantomile, but Lunatea is a world well worth visiting nonetheless.

Sure, it's a tad easy, but so was Rayman 2, the best 3D platformer I've ever played.

Not many platformers released anymore, but K2 is one of the best recent ones. I dig the 2.5D style too!

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

4. I actually hate the cel-shading in K2, and think it looks far too forced. It doesn't exude the look of a smooth pure cartoon like in Jet Set, and rather looks like it was tacked on by the end just to say it was cel-shaded.

Grapics aside, great friggin' game, still haven't bought it because I know how easy and quick it is, and haven't wanted to pay $50 for it. By the time I get a TV again, it should be nicely affordable for me.

5. Not so sure about this, so don't call me an idiot if I'm wrong. I don't think Klonoa 2 is cell shaded. It just has big black outlines around the characters. And it looks byoooootiful, if you ask me.

6. Re: Just picked up Klonoa 2....

Originally posted by Melf
    I just got this great game yesterday. Gamestop finally lowered the price and I just happened to be in the neighborhood.

I love the style of this game. Sure, cel-shading is overused, but this game pulls it off nicely. The graphics are top-notch, and the music is very pleasing to the ear. The gameplay is simple, but not simplistic, IMO. You can pull off some nice moves with that double jump, and the environments are cool and interesting to explore.

My only gripe so far (it's a small one) is that the game seems a bit on the easy side. That's no biggie, as I'm very much into Klonoa right now and plan to be for a while.

all in all, a great purchase, I'd say.
    I have to agree. Easily one of my favourite PS2 games. I loved the upside down level, but all the bosses were far too easy.
    She Hates My Futon.
    Got a few hours? Read it.

Andy787 Guest
    I liked it a lot too. The graphics and sound are excellent, and the game play is great too. It was way too damned short and easy though

It's a great game, and I know people here worship it and all, but it's a little too easy, a little too short, and a little too slow.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Klonoa 2 isn't cel-shaded, it uses "Klonoa filtering".

10. I was a little dissapointed because I thought it would have rivaled the 1st one...(thats what I heard). It was easier than the 1st one like everyone mentioned. And yes, its cel-shaded. Its worth the 30 or so bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.