Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Gundam Seed Thread

Official Gundam Seed Thread

When I first heard of this series, I was nonchalant about it, but the more info. give gotten about it, the more my interest has peaked. I'm really ready to check this series out now, and it seems to be hyped as the best Gundam ever. As far as footage, I've only seen the intro's, but you can definitely tell that this one borrows alot from the UC Gundam Series as well as potentially Gundam Wing.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a friend to tape it for me since I don't have cable.

So what do you guys think of this new Gundam series? Is it hit or miss?

EDIT: Didn't use the search function so here's a link to the thread about the Cartoon Network announcement. Post to whichever thread you wish.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ghlight=Gundam
    Taking it one day at a time.

2. I've never been a huge fan of Gundam, except maybe 08th Ms Team, but I'm willing to give this one a shot.

Which Gundam's have you seen? I agree that 08th MS Team was very good too. Just wish it was longer. Depending on what you've seen I might be able to suggest some Gundam series that might be up your ally.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brotherman
    Which Gundam's have you seen? I agree that 08th MS Team was very good too. Just wish it was longer. Depending on what you've seen I might be able to suggest some Gundam series that might be up your ally.
    I've seen all of Wing (Ugh) most of the original series, and G-Gundam (Double ugh) And of course Gundam 08th MS team.

Well, though you've probaby already seen it, I'd like to recommend Gundam 0080. Very good take on the issue of war IMO. I hope they do another MS 08th Team style Gundam series one day. The characters and environments were great. The only down side is that they should have put as much effort in developing the rest of the team as they did Shiro.

6. I liked 08th MS Team, and haven't enjoyed a single Gundam series besides it.

Regardless, I'm sure I'll tune in to catch this. It's had quite a bit of hype and I at least want to give it some judgment.

7. I'll definitely try to catch this when it airs. I liked most of the Gundam stuff like 0083, 0080 but 08th MS team definitely made war much more realistic and made you care about the people than soul-less teenage kids.

Animation looks pretty fresh from what I've seen, I'll likely get the figures.

8. Wow, SEED made it to TV a lot faster than I expected. Cool. Not like I'll be around to watch it though. Any news about a run on Adult Swim?

EDIT: D'oh, I read 4:30. 10:30pm is a little bit better!

9. my friends have been raving about seed when it was on tv in japan. i saw the first 9 eps and thought it was alright. but when it comes to gundam i'm a universal century man myself, i.e.: mobile suit gundam, 8th ms team, 0080, 0083, zeta, double zeta, char's counterstrike... umm... i think that's it...
    All is well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brotherman
    but you can definitely tell that this one borrows alot from the UC Gundam Series as well as potentially Gundam Wing.
    It's a retelling of First Gundam. I think it's alternate universe, not UC.